Eight

Kendra's point of view

----

Once again, I was sitting on the couch, while Jackie was in the kitchen, digging through my fridge. I was watching MTV, watching music videos while looking through a magazine.

"It's official." Jackie said, coming out of the kitchen with a bag of chips as she plopped down on the couch, sitting next to me.

"What is?" I asked, looking up from my magazine.

"I'm bored, we need some Christmas cheer to lighten the mood!" She exclaimed, jumping up from the couch racing to the basement. I got up and ran downstairs after her.

"What are you talking about?" I asked once we had gotten downstairs.

"We're putting up your Christmas tree." Jackie suggested. I wouldn't say it was a suggestion, I'd say more of an idea that she forced me to do. To dumb it down, she basically demanded me to do it.

"Alright, sounds good to me!" I chuckled, grabbing one side of the box the tree was being held in, Jackie grabbing a hold of the other side of the box. We carefully took the tree upstairs, trying not to break anything on our way up then we set it down on the floor and began putting it together.

----

"Alright, we're done. Lets decorate this thing. We might need some help." Jackie explained. I knew exactly where she was going with this. She was about to call Joey and Donnie. I smiled and walked into the kitchen to the phone.

"Way ahead of you." I replied, lifting the phone out of the cradle, dialing Joe's phone number.

"Hello?" He answered happily. I'm assuming he knew it was me by the caller ID.

"Hey Joe," I replied. "Do you Wanna come over, hang out for a while?" I asked. He was quiet for a moment.

"Sure! Sounds great! Are you with Jackie right now?" He asked.

"Yup!" I replied with enthusiasm dripping from my voice.

"Great! I'll grab Donnie and we'll see you as soon as possible! Bye!" He said just before he had hung up. I turned to Jackie and smiled.

"So?" She asked.

"They're on their way." I replied with. Smile.

"Cool, until then, you and I can chill on the couch and watch tv." She said, leading the way out of the kitchen going into the living room then plopping herself onto the couch once again.

----

Time passed. Joe and Donnie had arrived and they were putting the final touches to the tree, adding garland and tinsel and lastly, the star. Jackie grabbed the plug for the lights and plugged it into the outlet as the multicolored luminous lights glowed throughout the room.

"It's so pretty!" I exclaimed, wrapping my arms around Joe.

"Definitely," Jackie agreed as Donnie held her close in his arms. "I'm gonna go make some hot chocolate, does anyone want some?" She asked.

"Sure, I could go for some cocoa." I replied.

"Sure, I'll take a glass." Joe added.

"Donnie, do you want any?" Jackie asked.

"Sure, thanks." Donnie replied with a smile. Just before Jackie made her way into the kitchen, she turned to Donnie and embraced him in a hug. I wasn't sure if I was seeing things or not, but as soon as she released Donnie and walked into the kitchen, I could've sworn I saw her kiss Donnie on the cheek. Joe and I sat on the couch and watched tv as he placed his arm around my shoulder, snuggling close to me as I rested my head on his shoulder and he planted a kiss on the top of my head. My night had officially been made.