Nine

The day had gone by fast. The sun had disappeared and I was exhausted. I ate dinner, washed the dishes then made my way upstairs to my room where I put on an oversized T-shirt and a pair of shorts along with a pair of fuzzy socks. Once I had gotten myself dressed for bed, I made my way out of the bathroom. I plopped myself onto the bed and rested my head on my pillow. As I was getting myself comfortable, adjusting my pillow, I noticed there was something stuck in my pillow. I shoved my hand into the pillowcase and pulled out a small velvet box. I opened it delicately and slowly picked up the piece of jewelry being held inside. A necklace. I gasped and looked at the charm dangling from the chain, watching it sparkle. The only question was, who had gone through all this trouble to get me such a beautiful piece of jewelry? I gently placed the necklace back in the velvet box then I went downstairs. My parents were sitting in the living room on the couch together, watching a movie.

"Thanks." I said.

"For what, sweetie?" My mom asked in complete confusion.

"For the necklace. It's beautiful, I love it." I replied with a smile as I sat next to them, embracing them in a warm, loving hug.

"Necklace? We never got you a necklace." My father butt in, my mom hitting him quickly. Something was going on, and I wasn't sure whether or not I really wanted to know. I shrugged my shoulders and smiled, hugging my parents once again, going back up to my room and laying in my bed, falling asleep immediately.

----

Hey guys! This is a super, super short chapter! I accidentally hit the publish button and I could t figure out how to unpublish hahaha! Anyway, I'll continue writing! Hope you enjoyed this chapter!!!!