The alchemy.

A cool breeze shifted through my hair that set in curls over my shoulders. I looked up from the text book to find the wind playing with the leaves. Crawling from my chair i sat beside the window. The branches bate one another and the air wooshed creating a symphony of its own. The earth was covered in leaves that fell for their inevitable fate against the strong winds. And yet, miraculously they carpeted her with the finest shade of soft yellow velvet. This very magic was could pull one out in open. I jumped down from my bedside and ran to the terrace. Up there, with the wind blowing faster a different battle had begun. Birds swayed on, as helpless as paper boats in the ocean currents. Far by the horizon the bright red sun hung like a ripen fruit in the sky. Beyond that, clouds looked like lava lamps spilling every tint of orange. It were as if the rays were escaping through the knittings and dispersing the genial warmth of 4pm. This very alchemy was mesmerising. Eventually greyness enveloped and the sun was devoured by the clouds, bidding a promising goodbye to return with light soon. Tomorrow it would dawn again, erasing every evidence of the night that laid ahead.

With my back turned towards setting sun, my gaze rose up to a bright white cloud midst the grey of chaos.Its brilliancy had an aura of hope and happiness. Bundled like sliver cotton silk it gave a certain satisfaction to the eyes and peace to the soul. The light traced my brown iris which then shone golden. Never before had i felt so saturated with pure joy. As a little girl i would have dreamt of a fairy gliding down and gifting me with magic. As a grown up though, i simply smiled. The evening was same like any other, yet astonishingly different. The winds had died down, the birds ruffled through their feathers and gathering my belonging, i left. However at the terrace door i stood, only a moment, to gratify. I needed to go, not because a delicious snack waited for me in the kitchen or because i had biology to face next but because i was enchanted, completely! Although i had not read a single word from the biology textbook that evening, i had learnt something even more.