Over and Gone

With my eyes closed, I moved my hand to touch my healing scars. They were the last thing I had left of Jennifer, well except for the memories. I opened my eyes and fixed my fake large nerd glasses I used whenever I wore my clear contacts since I ditched the grey ones. My apperance was still the same, but I was changed on the inside.

I looked to my left and noticed Aleida drawing and scribbling in her notebook while Ms.Bortol, the French teacher, ranted about verbs and food. I looked around and even the people behind me, their faces betraying a look of boredom. I looked down and shook my head with a smile. I looked up and saw a boy with long hair and beautiful green contacts. A week after Jennifer's disapperance, I turned 15 and soon after that I began talking to this boy. His name was Mark and I was beginning to fall for him. 

Unknowingly, I was going to MacArthur Ninth Grade for the past year. I had amazing grades and I actually had a boyfriend between the months of January and April. 

Cecilia, my best friend, was an amazing person. She was there by my side helping me and she was the only one who knew the battles I had with myself because I told her everything when it happened. I loved her for it. I didn't think our conversations were boring. They were actually about hookers, strippers, and sexy Misha Collins. 

Luis, well he shouldn't be talked about because he was just a jerk. I refused to talk to him because he wasn't the sweet guy Jennifer- or I- thought I knew. 

Ms.Bortol brought me back into the present with a question, "Jennifer, what is wrong with this sentence?"  I replied the correct answer with confidence as the speaker said, "Teachers please look over your tutorials list and students remember, tutorials are mandatory." 

As I looked back to Mark, I smiled. I missed my twin sister, but I knew things were going to get better. At least my insanity lead me to see the amazing qualities in the people I love.