Plans Begin

I grabbed my ancient red flip phone and checked the time.  It was 10:30p.m. I hoped that Jennifer would wake up soon, plans needed to begin. I put the large butcher knife inside my jacket and hoped that it wouldn't pierce my skin from my movements. 

As I was taking a sip from my Monster, I heard a door slam shut and shuffling feet move upstairs. The steps were slow and heavy. Hopefully, Jennifer was too weak to put up a fight. I stood up from my seat and with a smirk, followed my sister upstairs to her death. When I reached the top of the stairs, Jennifer was to the back of the room opening a window.

"Ready to die?" Escaped my lips. It sounded menacing and evil. 

Jennifer smirked and replied solemnly, "You can't kill me." 

"Oh and why is that? You're too afraid to die?" I took out the knife I was hiding and slashed her arm, making a large open cut that oozed blood. 

"No. If you kill me, you kill yourself." She winced at the words as more blood poured from her bare arm. 

"We're nothing alike. I am not you." I replied angrily. A pain in my arm shot up causing me to close my eyes in pain.

"Jazz, look at your arm." She looked melancholy. Pain filled her eyes as I slowly pulled off my jacket. The sleeve was sticky with blood and a similar gash as hers was on my arm. I questionally looked at her and mouthed, How?

She shook her head and refused to answer. My anger took over and slashed her arm again and a similar mark ended up on mine as we both fell to the floor in pain. I stood up to stand over her, not letting her get to me ready to strike again. 

"STOP JAZZ. I AM YOU. I AM IN YOUR HEAD BECAUSE YOU BLAME ME FOR WHAT HAPPENED." She screamed in between her sobs.