Chapter 3

- Jessie's pov

"Water Devils Rage!" I yelled after enclosing the citizens in flower petals and moved them a save distant away from the burning buildings.

"Jess! What the hell's going on?!" Alex exclaimed coming up behind me.

"Dun know." I muttered looking up at the burning buildings trying to figure out what was going on.

"GET HIM!!!" A males voice boomed quickly followed by large blasts of magic a good 30 buildings away.

I went into Shadow Drive and turned into a shadow quickly approaching the area of the blasts. Upon arriving in the area I noticed that there was a good amount of sand circling around in a circular motion, I'm guessing to provide a defensive shield. Looking at the group of men I noticed that one of them had a guild mark, and if I'm right there from the dark guild Blood Hounds. By this time everyone else court up with me.

"Jean, keep them still." I commanded.

"Right." Using his Blood Dragon Slayer Magic he used it to keep them in place.

"Alex."

"On it." She quickly electrified them, knocking them out.

"Stay here." I told the others.

I slowly walked towards the sand spire as to slowed down and eventually stopped spinning revealing a young boy, maybe around 17-18 with purple eyes, a straight bob with tufts that resembled cat ears. He wore a skintight suit exposing the midriff, and a blazer over it. He has a striped belt around his waist and gladiator sandals.

"I'm Jess-" He cut me off with a whisper.

"S-Stay back."

"Huh?"

I saw fear flash through his eyes.

"Hey it's alright, I'm not going to hurt you. What's your name? Mine's Jessie Vastia." I offered a small smile.

"Aiari."

"Well than," I sat down cross legged, "mind telling me what they wanted with you?"

"T-They, uh..." He quickly glanced behind me and then to the ground.

I called over my shoulder, "Oi! Can you seven sit down?" Noticing Aiari was a little more comfortable I guessed that they done as I asked.

"Aiari-san, can you please answer my question?"

"R-Right. They wanted to capture me and take me back home." He muttered.

"So you ran away? And why a dark guild?"

"Well there after the reward money."

"How much would that be?"

"...60 million jewels."

"Holy crap! Why so much?!" Jean exclaimed.

I stood up and walked towards him, "Aiari-san, is there anything your not telling me? Why is the reward money so high?"

"...My full name's Aiari Anubis."

"I see-" I was cut off by Alex who pushed me aside.

"Let's keep him!" She yelled attaching herself onto Aiari.

"Alex." I muttered.

"Please Jess! Look at how cute he is. We can't just leave him alone, where's your heart?" She pulled the unfortunate soul into her chest.

"You can't just claim him Alex-dono." Jura said standing next to me.

"Jura's right Alex." Lyon agreed.

"But you guys!" She wined.

I prayed Alex off of Aiari and walk the boy away from the group as they started arguing.

"I'd like to ask you a question Aiari-san." I said as we sat down.

"W-What is it?"

"I'm sorry if I'm evading your personal life, but I'd like to know why you left your home."

"...Well from the way you reacted I'm guessing that you know about the Anubis family."

"Hai, they're a wealthy family of Egyptians."

"Yeah, anyway I grew up in the shadow of my older brother and at the age of 15 eventually ran away in hopes of being free. My parents are willing to pay 60 million jewels to whoever is able to catch me and take me back to them." Aiari explained.

"I see. This is only an offer but would you like to join Lamia Scale, that's our guild, because by the looks of it your able to use magic and we'd be able too protect you from the dark guilds. You see we have two Wizard Saints, four Dragon Slayers, two God Slayers, all of which myself, and I also use Devil Slayer Magic." I offered.

"Y-You mean it?" He was almost in tears.

"Aiari-san, I'll take it upon myself to protect you." I said standing up. I reached my hand out to Aiari and softly smiled, a tear fell down his cheek as he took my hand and I helped him stand.

"Thank you Jessie."

"You can just call me Jess." I ruffled his hair.