Chapter 31

HARRY

I half-way woke up this morning reaching for a warm cuddly body, but only found a cold empty spot. That's when I woke up fully and remembered that Louis had gone back to his place with Niall for a couple days. I also remembered that today, Thanksgiving Day, they were coming over sometime this morning and were spending the day together. As I hurried up and climbed out of bed, a pain shut from my bum up my lower back. I stopped and thought how..I haven't done anything lately. Then I remembered my epic fall last night. I was trying to take my pants off in a hurry and fell on my bum. What? They're tight and hard to get off. I grabbed a pair of clean boxers, another pair of black skinny jeans and my blue patterned button up shirt. I hurried to the bathroom, seeing that it is 9 a.m. and Louis would be here soon. I quickly got the shower going, brushing my teeth while the water warmed up. I climbed in and got my vanilla scented shampoo and lathered it on my hair. It has gotten a bit long. Debating on cutting it. Kind of like it when Louis runs his fingers through it or, yano, pulls on during 'fun time'. I rinse the shampoo out and lather some conditioner in, washing my body up with some 'manly' bodywash. Rinsing it off and then the conditioner. I turn the water off and grab a towel and wrap it around my waist and then another to wrap my hair up in. I rush to my room and quickly get dressed and towel dry my hair before heading down stairs. I run my hands through my hair while it naturally dries before i comb it. I realize I can't just run down the stair so I take them like some older person. I wobble into the kitchen and see Liam in there messing about. He turns around and sees me walking funny over to the table to sit down

"What's up with you, Har? Did Louis visit last night or something?", He asks with a sly grin on his face.

"Unfortunately, no, Payno, he did not", I say as I carefully set down. "I had a mishap last night while undressing and fell on my bum.

"That's what that thud was", He said as he laughed at me

"Yes, I'm so glad my clumsiness amuses you, Liam", I say as I try to glare at him. But the look on his face is enough to make me laugh. His lower lip is tucked between his teeth. His cheeks are red and puffed out like a chipmunks. Yes, the lad is trying to hold in any laughs that may be fighting to get out. We both let out our laughter then and were so caught up in what we found funny to realize that two other people had occupied the kitchen, till we heard someone clear their throat. We both stopped laughing like two kids caught doing something by their parents. I look over and see Louis and Niall standing there. I got up and ran to Louis. Well, the best I could. When I got to him I wrapped him up in my arms and gave him a kiss on his neck by his ear. The place he likes. What? it's been a few days, I missed him. We spent the day getting dinner prepared. Liam had stuck the turkey in the oven shortly before I came downstairs. The ham is in the slow-cooker cooking in it's flavorings. None of us bringing up the twitter mess as today is going to be a good day and that mess will be forgotten for now. As we were making stuff, we seen that there  were a few items that we had forgotten. So, Louis and Niall volunteered to go to the store for us while we stayed here and cooked. After a bit, we seen that we got as much done as we could and so, we went to the closet upstairs to grab the christmas tree and decorations.

"I have a feeling we made a mistake sending them two together", I said as we got boxes down.

"They should be okay", I hear Liams muffled voice say. I urn to look at him to see that he had a couple boxes stacked up in his arms and one was hiding his face. I go to grab one and some others and help him get them down stairs.

"They've been gone for awhile", I say concerned as we make our way back up the stairs. My sore bum not liking this one bit.

"I'm sure they're okay, mate", He says as he squeezes my shoulder and goes back to grab another box labeled lights and long big box that held the tree. I grab the tree from him and lay it down on it's side so I can push it down the stairs. As I do, I holler out a "timber!" as it slides down the stairs. It's at that time I hear the door close and two bodies appear from the foyer. As the box slid down it got caught on a step and went into a standing position and continued to flip over as it landed on the floor at the bottom of the stairs. Niall is doubled over laughing. I wonder why till I hear a muffled voice say. "Well, shit". The box had landed on Louis and took him down with it. Completely covering him. I started laughing uncontrollably. Poor Liam still has yet to see what happened because, well we all know he doesn't have a clue 98% of the time.

"Where'd Louis go?", He asks confused.

"Under this box, you twit!", Louis says as Niall tries to get the box off of him. It's not really heavy, Niall is just laughing too hard to move it. Liam then starts dying of laughter. I make my way downstairs to help Niall. Just as we have it almost up, Nialls phone rings. Him not thinking, lets go of the box so he can answer his phone. His side falling back on Louis. Poor Louis. All of us are in a fits of laughter that we can't help him. 

"Ta hell with all of ya!", He says as I see part of the box move off of him. I do have to say that boy does have some strong legs and thighs. He gets up off the floor, flipping us the finger, and walks towards the living room. We see that we have all the decorations down here, so Liam and I set down and take a little break.

"Ed and Alex will be over for dinner", Niall says as he makes his way to the living room and sets down beside Liam. We decided that we would do the tree after dinner. This year we are making it a sentimental thing, I guess you could say. Niall will stay the night with Liam here tonight and I will go home with Louis. Definitely not complaining on that. And we will set up the tree Louis' together while Liam and Niall do the one here. We spend the day watching the telly and goofing off till around 5 in the evening. The house is starting to smell like turkey and ham. Around five, we get the little things made. Like potatoes, gravy, stuffing, rolls. We bought the pies, so they're already done. Around four, Ed and Alex show up and visit and help us get everything prepared. When everything is done, we gather around the table to eat. As i look around the table, I take in everyone around me. I then realize the people that I have in my life. My support team. This fight, win or lose, is a big one for me. Is going to be a big pay off and to be known as the best of the best is a big thing. But these people, this right here, shows me that there is more to life than the championship title. And at times I tend to forget that. And I probably will again some time, that's just how I am at times. I get too wrapped up in the big things and tend to overlook the little things. The evening is filled with laughter and chit chat. All the stress and drama left on the back burner for the time being and it's been nice. To just set back and enjoy life for a bit. Around nine at that night, we all say our goodbyes and leave niall and Liam to their own. Which is a good thing. After a bit of wine, the two of them forgot they had company and..well..let's just say..the PDA between them was way passed PG-13. Louis and i make our way out to the car and head to Louis' place. And because I am who I am, I felt the need to tease Louis all the way home.