Four

Yalannah

I washed my natural hair in the shower and and then I rinsed my body off after cleansing myself with coconut body wash. I wrapped my body in a towel and I wrapped my hair in a smaller towel. I walked into my room and decided to get dressed in white denim shorts, a white tee, a fuchsia puma pullover and the puma's that August bought me.

I blow dried my hair then brushed it up into a ponytail and wrap it into a tight, neat bun. I put on mascara, eyeliner and nude lipstick. I put in my earrings and a necklace that had my brother's name on it.

I sprayed on a couple of fragrances and made my own unique smell. Once I was satisfied with my appearance, I grabbed my mcm purse, phone and car keys.

I locked my apartment and drove to McDonald's, going through the drive thru for breakfast. I ordered a breakfast sandwich and a small orange juice.

I drove and ate at the same time. Pulling up to my salon, it was packed just like it was every sunday. Everyone wants to go back to work and school looking fresh as fuck on Monday.

I walked into the salon and greeted my workers. I was surprised to see my sister sitting in my station's seat.

"Hey, Yoyo." I gave her a hug and kissed her cheek. I rubbed her poking tummy.

"Goodmorning Yaya. I see you wearing your necklace." She touched my necklace that had our brother's name on it.

"Yeah." I sighed. "Where's yours?" Our parents had got both of us the same necklace.

"In my jewelry box. I'll wear it soon."

I nodded. "Where's Jordy?"

"She with her daddy. You know today sunday so he ain't working and he took her to the aquarium."

"I bet she's having a blast. I know how much she loves animals."

"Yeah, I was thinking about getting her a pet but mommy said she too young and plus I'm bout to have another baby." She patted her belly.

"She got a point."

"Yeah, yeah. What did the real estate agent you talked to say? You told me you were going but you never followed up on it."

"What y'all hoes talking bout?" Jaylen strolled Into the shop late.

This is why I was shocked when Jaylen was actually early.

"Hey jay!" Yolanda yelled and he hugged her and then me.

"She was just bout to tell me what happened at the real estate agency."

"Oh, do tell." Jaylen sat in his seat across from my station and I sat in the chair next to mine.

"Well first of all, it's called Realistic LLC and August Alsina owns it."

"Pause." Jaylen held his hand.

"Right! Did I hear her correctly?" Yolanda added.

"August as in fine caramel with tattoos that came in here like three weeks ago."

"Yes, him. What other August?" I laughed.

"Shit, I'm just trying to confirm. Continue."

"His last name is Alsina?" My sister giggled.

"Yeah, what's so funny?"

"It sound like a stage name."

Her and Jay had a laughing fit.

"Shut up, you guys. Anyway, long story short, he's going to help me expand the shop." I cheesed.

"Speaking of the devil." Jay mumbled loud enough for me and my sister to hear.