Chapter 10

Harry's pov:

Louis comes back downstairs and takes a seat next to me.

"Hi baby," he smiles softly and lays his hand on my thigh.

"Hi," I smile happily and lean a bit into his side, "everything okay?" William is still lying asleep next to me.

"I need to talk to you," he explains. His face is blank, but his eyes are full of worry.

"What's wrong?" I question confused. Obviously him and Jay went upstairs to talk, but what about?

"Can we go upstairs into our room?"

"Sure," I agree. I scup William up and carefully lay him against my chest and follow Louis upstairs. Once we are in our room I lay William on the bed, making sure the blankets don't surround him. Louis gestures for me to take a seat, so I sit on the corner of the bed and look up at him. "What's wrong Lou?" I frown. He sighs and runs a hand over his face.

"It's about William," he explains. I look back at my son and back to Louis. What did Jay say about William to worry Louis? Does Louis not want to be together? Is he going to fight me in court for custody because he will get what he asks for. A battle against Louis would be a lot harder then a battle against Liam.

"I'm worried about him. I've noticed that he doesn't "talk" as much as he should and my mom has noticed too, and he also doesn't respond to us. Like when I say his name or something- he doesn't notice it."

"Okay," I draw out, "so?" I know where he is going, but I want to hear it for some reason. My mum and I already had this discussion, but hearing it from someone else makes it more real. I'll have to deal with the issue this time instead of crying and asking my mum to stop.

"I just think we should take him to the doctors. I think, maybe, he might be deaf," he mumbles. I watch Louis carefully before turning to William. I quickly pick him up before hurrying to the door.

"Harry, where are you going?" Louis hurries after me.

"I don't want to talk to you! How could you say that about our son?" I hiss. Maybe I'm not ready to deal with the problem after all.

"Because we need to know! We can help him, H. We need to know if something is wrong," he grabs my arm and stops me from going downstairs. I cradle the back of William's head carefully, not wanting to disturb him while he sleeps.

"There is nothing wrong with him. Fuck off Louis," I snap, "you can't just come into the picture and ruin everything. This isn't how it's suppose to go!"

"Our life isn't a fairytale Harry! That was broken when our daughter got cancer. I'm taking William to the doctors whether you want to or not," he groans.

"You can't!"

"I can," he defends, "he's my son Harry. Things are different this time." I look at him in surprise. He can't be serious. He has less say when in comes to Olivia because she's not biologically his, but since William is, he is threatening me?

"Just leave me alone," I whimper and take the stairs two at a time. He follows me down and to the front door.

"Where are you going? You can't just leave and I don't want you taking William. It's thanksgiving," he points out.

"I'll be back for dinner," I promise. I may be mad at him, but I don't want to ruin a family dinner.

"You aren't leaving with William, Harry. He's sleeping," he points out. I wrap William tighter in my arms. He's being really cruel. I can leave with William if I want. Why doesn't he want me to?