Lost

A/N: Greetings, friends and followers. Here is a mighty update, and things will go downhill and Sadstuck.

-PotterLupinBlack

I watched his still form. So still.

"Get well," I whispered in his ear for the sixth time, "I can't live without you." He couldn't hear me. How could he, when he was in a coma.

I heard footsteps on the cold linoleum. There was a short man with the same colouring as me.

"You must be Tavros," he said, "I'm Karkat Vantas, his half-brother." I furrowed my brows at the man who I had seen a grand total of once, and that was behind the counter at the bakery, on Gamzee and I's first date.

"He didn't tell me you were his brother..." I muttered.

"He must've been afraid you were going to leave. Everyone else did." I looked down at the sharp face of my boyfriend and wondered how anyone could bother to leave.

"Why?" I asked.

He didn't answer that question. Instead, he said, "You've done enough, kid." It was a dismissal, but I didn't leave.

"Why do you think I'm going to leave him?" I asked.

"You're the person he's been the longest with. Nobody else lasted. I'm paranoid. Can you blame me?" he smiled softly. I didn't answer. We sat in silence for a while.

"I love him," I finally said, "I love him, that's why he was hit by the goddamned car."

Karkat looked at me impassively. "I know."

The three long, infected scratches on his face seemed to taunt me. Said: "we can take him away from you, and you can do nothing about it."

I cursed the car, and the pile he hit. Gamzee could be dying. And I cursed myself. It was my fault.

"I blame you, kid," said Karkat. "I'm sorry, and I don't want to, but it's true. Gamzee could be here right now, spouting on about his stupid religion but he's not. All he talked about was you, you know. You were probably the last thing on his mind before that car hit him."

I brushed the curly hair off of Gamzee's forehead absentmindedly. "I know."