We Meet Again and for the First Time

Bella's hair is in the picture 🤗 I always loved this thing

A/N: Okay so this is a long one, over 3'900 words, normally they would only be around 1000-2000ish but this chapter sort of had a mind of its own and the words just kept flowing. I have an idea as where the story is going but it has a mind of its own most of the time.

Please let me know of any mistakes, i do read over them... sometimes... but i can miss thing.

_______________________

Chapter 1

Joshua POV

Nineteen years, nearly twenty years, he'd be twenty five now...

I looked down at the old photo, now wrinkled over the years of being in my pocket. I couldn't help but feel like he needed me, in the photo a five year old Sam sat atop of my shoulders, grinning at the camera, in his hand was his first legal sized fish, admittedly it was only just legal, by half a centimetre but he had started to run home carrying it to show to his mother, I had packed up and ran after him, yelling for him to slow down but in his excitement he only ran faster, thankfully with him only being five I managed to catch up quickly, lifting him onto my shoulders as he still held the fish, not letting that thing go for anything, saying how he wanted to take it for show and tell on Monday. Of course I said no but he could have lots of photos instead, which he accepted once he understood he couldn't take a dead fish to school. He had a huge smile on his face for the rest of the day, which only grew as he had eaten the fish, saying it was the best fish ever.

"Daddy?" I looked up and saw Bella, walk over with a tray filled with food for both of us. I smiled, placing the photo of Sam and I face up on the table in the small booth at the truck stop. "Is that his photo?"

"Yeah, Bells. It is." She sat down across from me, giving me my burger meal while she took hers and moved the tray out of the way.

"Do you think he'll be similar to what you remember, Daddy?" I sadly smiled at her once I swallowed my first bite, I doubt he'd even remember me, let alone like me just showing up one day. And for him being the same adorable five year old personality, no, not even Bella had kept that personality, knowing that life was hard for us she matured at a young age, learning to cook so I didn't have to when I got home late from work.

"No I don't, he's been through a lot, I doubt he'd even like me showing up, much less with the news that he has a seventeen year old sister."

And she was showing the same symptoms he apparently did before he phased.

"Why do we need to go to La Push, I mean the council don't like us, why can't he meet us at Port Angeles or something?"

I couldn't decide whether I loved or hated that she considered my problems her problems. But I guess her problems were mine as well.

"Bells, you can go onto Tribal lands and do as you please, I'm the one they have a problem with, and we have to go to him because he has responsibilities on the Reservation which means he can't leave, but before you ask, we have to go because you need to meet him, we have an address now, its time you met your brother, God knowns it should have been the day you were born."

After that we ate in silence, Bella moved the photo of Sam closer to her so she could look at it as she ate her meal. We still had five hours of driving before we even reached La Push, then I had to find the address and see if he was home, if not I would have to find a place to stay the night in Forks.

"I wonder if he's happy" Bella said I looked at her, she was focused on the photo, she had finished her meal and was slowly drinking her water. I smiled at the thought of Sam still having a happy life, even with everything he had been through.