Baby ~ 9

I stayed asleep for a couple hours. I didn't really dream that much, but I just thought. I thought about our baby. Was she going to be okay? That question really popped up a lot. It kind of scared me. This baby had been with me for so long, yet hasn't at the same time. I haven't even met her yet, and I couldn't lose her. Ever.
I slowly stirred awake as my pain medicine slowly wore off. I wasn't in the much pain despite giving birth a couple hours prior. I felt ten times better, definitely. Johnny was sitting next to me on a chair, holding our daughter. She was perfect. She was everything I hoped her to be. She looked like the both of us equally.
"Hi, Johnny..." I spoke softly, not wanting to strain myself. I adjusted my bed with the remote and sat up. Johnny just smiled at me.
"Hello, love. You still hurtin'?" He asked me, his voice filled with concern. I shook my head.
"I'm feeling better...Can I please hold her?..." I asked, my eyes locked with his.
Johnny nodded at me. "Of course. Just be very careful." He told me and he got up, and put Everly in my arms. I smiled at the sight of her. She was awake and staring up at me.
"She's beautiful..." I almost whispered, and Johnny nodded.
"Hi, baby..." I spoke to her softly. I was really at loss for words. I smiled brightly and held her close to me. The smile on my face faced when I noticed she had a clear breathing tube going through her nostrils. I felt bad because she shouldn't have to suffer this. "I know you'll feel better. I promise that, okay?..." I whispered. At that moment, she smiled her first smile. Johnny laughed to himself in happiness, and a tear of joy ran down my cheek.
"I told you there was gonna be somethin' special about her." Johnny gloats, sitting on the bed with me. "Evie's a Castle, of course she'll be special." That makes me laugh. Evie was an adorable alias for her.
I held her close to me and blushed deeply. "Miracle baby..." I spoke softly and Johnny nodded in agreement. I laid my head on his shoulder, still watching Evie.
"Did you ever call my parents?..." I asked Johnny.
"I called 'em while you were asleep. They'll be here tomorrow morning." Now I was nervous. Were my parents going to accept Evie? I had no idea. My parents were pretty hard to please when it came to this stuff. I knew I was going to have no choice but to drop out of Mount Holyoke and find a job. Of course me and Johnny were still going to perform. No doubt about that. We have the skills, I'm not gonna lie.
[...]
The next morning, I woke up at around 8 o'clock. Johnny had slept right next to me, but Evie couldn't because they had to take her in for examination and testing. The poor thing.
Johnny had been awake prior so that I could wake up to Evie. Did I ever mention that I have the best man alive? Because I do.
I smiled and sat up, taking Evie. She was so adorable.
Then, a nurse came through the door. "Frances, your parents are here." I just nodded and she let them in. My father came in first, and then my mother.
What were they gonna say?!