Chapter 8

Dedicated to Moxcia for commenting on most of the chapters of this story, and also for encouraging me to update this  book faster. Thanks :)

"Hey Hannah, I was wondering if you wanted to go down to the beach with me?" Sam asked as he knocked on her doorway, the day after they'd reached the beach house.

Hannah turned to face the door, and saw Sam standing in her doorway. He was wearing a pair of black swim trunks and a beach towel was slung over his shoulder.

Hannah nodded, "Yeah just give me a minute to get dressed."

"I'll be in the living room when you're ready just come get me," Sam told her before walking away.

"I will," Hannah said as she walked over to the door and shut it.

She turned back to her suitcase that lay on the floor. Hannah unzipped it and dug through attempting to find a bathing suit. She sighed when she realized the only bathing suits Emily had packed was the navy blue swimsuit, and a slightly too small black swimsuit. Hannah grabbed the navy blue one and slid it into her body, grabbing a towel and heading out to find Sam.

She left her room and walked through the hallway towards the living room. Sam was sitting on the couch watching TV. Hannah tiptoed behind him and placed her hands over his eyes.

"Guess who?" She whispered teasingly.

"Hi Hannah," Sam removed her hands and stood up.

"Ready?" Hannah asked him.

"Yeah," Sam nodded as he led the way to the sliding door, that led to the beach.

Hannah stepped out on to the sand , and grinned. She always loved going to the beach, it was her favorite place. Hannah wiggled her toes in the warm sand. Sam turned and glanced back at Hannah.

"What are you doing?" He questioned looking at her with confusion.

"I love the beach, especially the sand," She told him smiling as she wiggled her toes again.

"You're so weird Hannah," Sam told her.

Hannah shrugged, "I like to think I'm unique."

"That too," Sam told her laughing as the pair walked further down the beach.

They dropped their towels down beside each other before sitting on them. Hannah lay down on her stomach facing the ocean. Sam reclined on his arms his feet pointed towards the ocean.

"I can see why you love the beach, it's so calming," Sam spoke up.

Hannah turned her head slightly so she could look back at him, "Yeah I know, I almost want to go back to sleep."

"Can't, your family will be here in a few hours," Sam told her.

"Don't remind me," Hannah mumbled.

"What's wrong with your family?" Sam questioned.

"Nothing, it's just weird, because almost every single one of them are redheads, except for Uncle Jack who's hair is more brown then red, but you can tell it's also red. My, brother and I stick out like sore thumbs with our black hair," Hannah told him as she stretched out on her towel.

"Yeah, but they're still family," Sam replied.

"Yeah, I know that. Also, there not as fun to hangout with as my dad's side of the family. Don't get me wrong I love my family and my cousins are cool. But they're mainly a bunch of awkward redheads," Hannah told him.

"Why must every time you speak of your family you mention the fact that they're redheads?" Sam questioned her.

Hannah sat up as turned to face him smiling sheepishly, "Mainly I'm just jealous that their hair is unique and mine is just black."