Chapter 7

The ringing of her cell phone was what brought Hannah out of her sleep. She sat up blinking her eyes to get adjusted to her surroundings. Once she was more than semi awake Hannah reached over and grabbed her phone, answering it.

"Hey Hannah," Sam's voice filtered down the phone.

"Hey Sam," Hannah answered slightly confused as she glanced at the time on her phone, 8:30.

"Yeah, I was just wondering what time you were going to want me over for the beach trip," Sam said making noise in the background.

"Oh, Sam you know I wasn't serious when I said Friday morning, more like Friday at noon," Hannah told him laughing.

"Yeah, I figured that much, Hannah I just wanted to know how much time I had to run some errands," Sam replied.

"Oh well, at noon like I said," Hannah replied.

"Ok great, I'll see you then," Sam said.

"Alright, bye Sam," Hannah told him hanging up and climbing out of her bed.

Hannah jogged down the stairs and into her kitchen. Her mother and father sat at the kitchen table with eggs, sausage, and toast on their plates. Hannah walked over to her parents hugging both of them good morning.

"Is there anymore left?" Hannah asked gesturing to their food.

"Yeah on the stove, help yourself," Her father told her before he put a forkful of eggs into his mouth.

"Ok, thanks," Hannah said grabbing a plate and going to get herself some breakfast.

Once she had food on her plate she walked back over to the table and sat down. The family ate in silence for a few minutes before Hannah's mother broke it.

"So, did you ask Sam if he was coming to the beach with us?" Her mother asked.

"Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you, but he said yes and I told him to be here by noon if that's ok?" Hannah replied.

"Of course it is your brother probably won't be here until then anyway," Her mother told her.

"Oh yeah mom, remember how you said the engagement party for my cousin was on Saturday? How are we still going if we're going to be at the beach?" Hannah asked taking a sip of water.

"I guess I forgot to tell you, but the party will be at the beach house," her mother replied.

Hannah frowned, "Our beach house is going to be overrun by family the whole weekend?"

"No Hannah, just Saturday and then everyone is going home that night," her father told her as he grabbed his and her mother's empty plates and carried them to the dishwasher.

"Oh," Hannah mumbled as she continued to eat her breakfast.

"Have you started packing yet?" Her mother asked.

Hannah shook her head and smiled sheepishly, "No."

Her father shook his head laughing, "Only you Hannah."

"I'll go as soon as I finish breakfast," Hannah told them as she bit off a piece of sausage.

"Don't forget sunscreen, it's July," her mother told her.

Hannah nodded, "I won't."

"Ok, well I'm going to make sure I have everything I need packed," her mother said before leaving the room.

"And I'm going to watch the game," her father told her as he too disappeared out of the room.

Hannah finished eating and stood to take her dishes to the dishwasher. The doorbell rang as she was depositing her glass and plate into the machine.