Chapter 9

Dedicated to Kristy_Country for helping me out with information, that will be used in my next novel. Thanks :)

"So what are you kids doing today?" Hannah's mother asked from her position beside her husband in front of the stove.

"Going down to the beach," Justin replied as he took a sip of his orange juice.

His mother turned to face him a frown on her face, "I knew that, I meant what were you going to do while down there."

Sam glanced over at Hannah before turning to her mother, "I was thinking about renting a jet ski,"

Hannah turned to him excitement on her face, "No way, really! We should do that it seems like fun!"

Sam grinned at her, "I thought that'd be your reaction. Besides I checked yesterday and all rentals will be half priced today since its the fourth."

"We should go now," Hannah told him as she stood to her feet.

"Hannah you haven't eaten anything yet," Her mother reminded her.

"I'll eat when we come back I promise," Hannah told her.

"At least take that piece of toast with you," her mother told her.

"Don't you want to stay for some of your father's cooking?" Her dad teasingly asked her.

"You know I love your cooking dad, but riding a jet ski is so much more exciting," Hannah told him as she grabbed a piece of toast hugging both him and her mother.

"Justin are you coming with us?" Sam asked him as he walked over to Hannah.

Justin shook his head no, "I made some friends yesterday and we made plans to play some volleyball on the beach."

"Have fun Justin," Hannah told him as she led the way to the back door.

"You too, little sis," Justin replied.

Hannah and Sam walked across the slightly empty beach towards the building that housed the jet skis, about a quarter of the mile from the beach house. She ate her toast as they walked along the beach, while randomly stopping to pick up seashells.

"Hannah, you know you'll have nowhere to put those shells when we get on the jet ski, right?" Sam asked her as they neared the rental store.

Hannah frowned at Sam, "You didn't have to rain on my parade, Sam."

He chuckled softly at her, "I'm sorry Hannah just telling you the truth."

"Well, the truth hurts," Hannah said with a pout as she dropped the shells back on to the warm sand of the beach.

"You're so weird, Hannah," Sam too her as they headed up the beach and onto the sidewalk.

"I guess you're weird too, since you hangout with me," Hannah told him sticking her tongue out at him.

Sam rolled his eyes at her as he held open the door to the jet ski rental store. Hannah stepped through the door with Sam behind her. They headed over to the counter where a college girl slightly older than Sam stood.

"Hey what can I do for you today?" She questioned them with a smile.

"We wanted to rent a jet ski," Sam told her as they approached the glass counter.

"Alright a two person jet ski or two singles?" She asked them as she walked around the counter and led them down the dock behind the store.

"What do you want?" Sam asked turning to Hannah for her opinion.