4. Eh. I've seen better/opening chapter

Okay. So what's some pretty important things you need for a good book on Wattpad? Here's some:

1). Titles

2). Covers

3). Descriptions

4). Opening Chapter

(Along with the premise and whatnot but that's not we're forcing on).

Not specifically in that order. Do it in what ever order you please, just get them all done before showing all of Wattpad.

Theses are four of things you want get just right. Added with plot, characters, theme, story structure, setting, style, and tone (etc. that might be next chapter).

So I'm going use someone's story for an example Bieber__Fever 's Stolen Heart which is actually fairly good. Now, I have seen a lot of crap be said about Justin and his fans and well I honestly don't mind them. I'm not a fan what so ever or ever will be, but her story seems promising. So let's just put the fact that it is a fanfic of something I don't care for so I can't say if it references anything or stuff on the side. I will be judging this on something I found very interesting about it.

Now, no spoilers or anything but it's first chapter is actually done very well. I usually judge a story by its first chapter like most- usually. Sometimes I continue to see if it gets better yet that's not the deal most of the time. So when I read the beginning I was very pleased to see that I was intrigued by a well written beginning.

You almost forget that it's a fanfic about Justin Bieber and the odd cliché of (SPOILER ALERT) kidnapping. Almost. I mean, it is like a pretty big deal, I guess. You know, such a forgettable piece of information.

# sarcastic statement is sarcastic

So yeah, it's new and have like three chapters (I think. At the moment of this update) but so far it seems like a good read with a soiled first chapter.

Now why is that? Whelp, time to dissect what can help you with a first chapter. Then the rest of the stuff on the list will be done in parts.

To first off with what is something that you need/want in the first chapter.

List Off:
• A hook. The bait that will reel in your reads that will want them to continue. It's never easy but once you found what fits best it'll start to get a bit simpler. Try bring the readers as late into the action as you can. When the club is closing, right when the flight is going leave. While a fight is happening. When crap starts going down.

Grab them by the balls and don't let go.

• Next, so usually you want establish your main character(s). How?

Give a good impression, not a description.

Well, give a description too. Just not a big ass paragraph going on and on about it because that's a real turn off.

Pro tip: try describing the character in clever little ways like: "She tucked some light brown hair behind her ear" Like that but make it flow. Important thing, always make everything flow in a comfortable and timely feel that a reader can get really into the story. If it feels clunky and forced then fix it where it's a consistent flow of words that work together nicely.

You want know the names, gender, and place in that story for each and every character that will help the story continue to move forward. Hopefully in the right direction that it needs go in.

Some say the characters make the story while others believe it's the story that makes the characters. Well, that's just something you'll have to choose for yourself. The reason I add this is because it all matters on the kind of story (or stories) that you write will be writing.

•Plot: The plot usually starts or begin to reveal itself in the first one or second chapter of the story. Going on the matter of what kind of story it is.

*•_•*

I haven't updated in a month or so. Not sorry. I have school and a life. On the internet. Next chapter will be summaries, I guess. Sorry this is short and everywhere and weird but whatever. I've stopped caring as of the moment. I rather read and judge than write in my current state that's basically me saying "I'm an ass but deal with it cause I am too lazy to change." Anyway bye or whatever.

~ Stay Inventive