7. Eh. I've seen better/ titles & covers

Titles and covers are important to a good story and are usually the first thing you see for it, generally.

(This is going be another short one).

A good title is something I most likely said before must be short n' sweet, clever, or mysterious. It needs to be intriguing and relate to the story.

• Short n' Sweet Shouldn't be too long. Rememberable.

• Clever: Something puny, maybe? A play on words or phrases that give an idea of the story. Like "Check Mate" as an example (which is an actual story on Wattpad that I hear is good and knowing the writer's other works is most likely very true. By -Eternal_Ocean- check them out!)

Anyway, I use this title because it can be used in two ways, or more. It can be about Chess or a character that made a bet that is losing/winning. Or something or other, it all matters what you're more familiar with on the phase. I hear it and think someone's plan falling into place barely the game though, yet something like that. Double meanings are something myself and others enjoy using to our advantages when we can.

• Mysterious: Smoke, shadows, no face, the woods/forests, someone hiding, no people just objects, or even just figures. Its still related to the story but doesn't give-almost-anything away. Like most good titles. Where you have that reader interested already just by the name/cover. A name/cover they read/see and will make them want to click on it curiously.

Note: No name is perfect but finding one that best suits your story is not only a great "first" hook, but also it gives you a satisfied feeling of naming something well. Not to forget it always mean not to have the title (or the summary for that matter) give too much away so people will still want it to read it, more or less.

• Related: Easy and obvious one. Don't make it random crap that sounds pretty or catchy or looks nice or seems interesting but not apart of the story. It needs to have something to do with the story. "Fault in our stars" didn't go right ahead on what the title means in the story but by the end you understood why it was called that. Meaning it's still related by the end. And the cover gave an idea of what it would be about- a girl and a guy so most likely a love story. Simple enough, right?

Now.

People on Wattpad can help you with covers. Just look! At least have a cover though. It's not hard to get an image and add the title and your user from Wattpad Covers so it's not a dumb blank.

I can't say much in covers cause mine are shit but whatever. Lets just move on because I can't rant about this or help much with something I'm bad at.

Next will be either Character Names (probably) or something else. It all matters what I'm in the mood for. Maybe another cliché list. I'm not sure yet. Maybe comment an idea? No, okay.

Anyway. So there's this video on YouTube called "Welcome to Fanfiction.Net! (And Wattpad)" by "JelloApocalyps" and it's super funny and true and I love it. I think any one of you would enjoy it. I don't know it's just something I remembered while writing this and it'll most likely make you laugh. It's like an animated rant book, more or less. It's great!

Until next time, ducks. Cya.

~ Stay Inventive