5. Eh. I've seen better/summaries

Here's a start: ACTUALLY PUT ONE AND MAKE SURE IT MAKES SENSE AND IT EXPLAINS WHAT THE STORY IS ABOUT WITHOUT GIVING AWAY IMPORTANT STUFF THAT WOULD KEEP READERS INTERESTED TO CONTINUE ON IN THE STORY NOT THE SUMMARY.

Summaries/Descriptions for stories are very very important and very very needed!!!

Okay. Yeah. That was helpful, but let me start again. First thing for a summary is to actually add one. You're going need one if you want more people to read it, you know.

Always don't end it in a tedious or pretentious way. One example is "read to find out more!" That's annoying, stupid, not needed, and a real turn off for stories.

If you can't think of a good summary

• Start writing your first chapter or the next one until you think of a good synopsis.

That's the one way or ask for help. There's loads of people on Wattpad and hopefully friends you can probably ask for help.

Try practicing writing fake summaries and if you like the idea enough with the ability to make a good story for it, you know have a story idea and summary. Good on ya, mate!

There's no much to say for summaries and I haven't updated in a while so here's some extra random writing tips.

• Prologues 99% of the time are not needed and just so you know, you are better likely to get published if you do not add a prologue at the beginning of your story. Fact.

• Good Wattpad stories should have at least 150-500 or better yet 350-450 words. The more the better but make sure it's necessary and flows properly. Sentences flowing together is very important. Do your best to reach a more solid amount of 2,150-3,500 words (or 1,150-1,500 just to make it a bit easier).

• Word choice is important and you should always find the one word that fits the best. To better get the idea if something flows or sounds right say it out loud. It helps poof read and fluency of your writing.

• Use a title that attracts attention and a cover that can match best.

• Use foreshadowing. Don't be obvious about it than change it because Zach in the comments figure it chapters ahead. It's called being subtle. Something most fanfic writers need to learn. Twists are very common in stories (obviously) almost very story as one, but they need make sense too. Which is why subtle foreshadowing is needed and needed to be done right.

Cliché First Sentences to avoid:

I (verb) my first (noun) when I was (age).

• I woke up to (rest of sentence).

• (Onomatopoeia)!

• (Exclamation)!

• There's a saying in (place).

• (First & Last name) was a (adjective) (gender).

• I woke up to the sound of (noise).

• I wasn't really known as (adjective) but this (summer/school year) was going be different because (rest of sentence).

• I'm a nerd simply in love with a jock that didn't even know I exist, but that changes now.

• My life was turned upside down because of (rest of sentence).

• You know, I/my life was once normal but everything changed when (event) happened/came along.

All shitty ways that overly done in today's writing. Best avoid those and be more interesting and original with your opening because that's going be what hooks your reader on.

Your first chapter should be at least 500 words or better more. Have more than one chapter written before letting the world see it (something I need learn), and remember to have an ending. If you don't know where your story is going figure it out!

Do not make your "A.N" longer than your chapter or update a two page chapter when others are five. It looks and feels very out of place something that completely throws off the whole thing on making sure everything flows.

I always say everything needs to flow because that's a very important part to me that a lot of people need to learn how to get right. Myself could be included.

Anyway next chapter will be either covers or titles. Tell me if you want me to do one over the other sooner or don't.

My A.N is literally the exact same as the last one to the point I rather just copy and paste it here, but whatever. Just reread the last one to remember what I'm talking about and how much of a lazy ass I am. Basically haven't updated for a year. Last time was 2015 now it's 2016, sorry?

Anyway.

"This has been your home boy, Ashton. Trying help you write since 2015."

~ Ai.

~ Stay Inventive