Chapter 8

AURORA

I looked at my daddy like he had grown another head.

"You used to be a what? Why didn't you tell me!"

Daddy raised an eyebrow at me and gave me a look, man I gotta stop yelling at him.

I smiled prettily at him. He shook his head and smiled a little.

That's right I'm a daddy's girl, and proud of it.

"You heard me girl and I didn't tell you because you we're too young to know and it was hardly any of your business." He said calmly.

"What do you mean none of my business, you are my daddy, of course it's my business!"

"Aurora Faye you got one more time to raise your voice at me little girl before I come over there and pop you in the mouth," he said seriously to me.

I pouted up at him and he looked away quickly.

"We'll what do you expect from me? My brothers come back, I'm get threatening text messages from someone creepy, then I find out that you're ex FBI! Sorry if I'm a little roudy!" I practically scream.

His head snapped back to mine so fast that I thought his neck might break.

"Did you say you are getting threatening text messages Aurora?"

Did I say tha....oh shit.

"Um...no daddy I didn't say that." I laughed nervously.

"DO NOT LIE TO ME AURORA!!" He deep voice boomed.

I jump back a little frightened and tears sprung to my eyes. I hated when people yelled and he has never yelled at me before.

I folded my arms across my chest and put my head down.

"I'm going to ask you this one more time, and I expect the truth, do you hear me?"

I nodded my head still not looking up, not wanting him to see my tear streaked face.

"Are you getting threatening text messages, and I would advise you to think very hard about my question before you answer it." He said, his voice still pretty loud.

"Yes daddy, I am." My voice cracking.

That must have alerted him that something was wrong because before I could even react he was standing in front of me with his hand under my chin.

When he saw my face, his authoritive demeanor dropped and his eyes grew soft, probably just realizing why I was crying.

I pulled my face out of his hand and turned my back to him. That'll teach him!

I heard him groan before he plopped down onto my bed.

"Aurora."

Does anybody hear that?

"Aurora."

Sounds like a fly to me

"Aurora Faye Duke." He said getting irritated.

I turned so I was facing forward.

"I'm sorry I yelled baby but what did you really expect from me when you say something like that? Then have the nerve to lie to about it after I clearly heard you say it."

"I'm sorry I lied Daddy." I said quietly, knowing he would forgive me, if he heard how sad I sounded.

I heard him groan again and had to put my head down so he couldn't see that grin on my face.

"Don't be sorry sweetie, just don't do it again."

I turned and held out my arms and just like I knew he would, he gave me a big hug and a kiss on the forehead.

"Now what did the messages say?" He asked getting back to business.

I grew nervous thinking about them and he saw that on my face.

"Hey it's okay, just show me if you don't want to say it out loud.

SEAN (Daddy)

The look on her face made my stomach twist. How did he even get her phone number!

"Come on now Aurora, give my your phone." I said.

She turned around from where she was sitting and grabbed her phone from where it was laying.

I put my hand out expecting her to just drop it in my hand but nooooo, she gotta be difficult.

"Daddy promise me something, well two things."

"What girl." I said exasperated.

"Well number 1 is you can't go crazy when you read these and 2 is you have to promise to tell me what's going on." She said looking dead at me.

Damn, nothing gets by her.

"I will try to keep my composure Aurora and I promise I will tell you when the time is right. It's not even my place to tell you, it's your brothers place."

She looked so angry when I said that, I swear I could see steam coming out of her ears.

"But you know I don't want to talk to them, why can't you just tell me!" She screamed.

Didn't I tell this little girl I was gone pop her the next time she yelled at me? She must think I'm playing.

Quickly I popped her on her bottom lip.

"Owwww, what was that for?" She said rubbing her bottom lip.

I raised my eyebrow at her.

"The only way you are going to find out any information about things is if you talk to them and I know the last thing you wana do is talk to them but remember what I told you the day after they left."

I took the phone out of her hand and got up to leave.

AURORA

I watched him leave the room with confusion written all over my face.

"The only way you are going to find out any information about things is if you talk to them and I know the last thing you wana do is talk to them but remember what I told you the day after they left."

The day after they left? What did he say?

I thought about it for a while then remembered.

"Just remember that they love you and everything they do is for you and you can never, under no circumstances forget that.

I will edit later.