Chapter 9

ASHTON

After Aurora ran upstairs I looked at my brothers and just shook my head.

"What are we going to do, she hates us." I said sadly.

"She doesn't hate us,she's just angry and she has every right to be," Adrian said.

I knew she had every right to be but dammit, I don't want her angry. I wish she'd just forget about us leaving for so long but knowing Aurora I knew she wouldn't. That child could hold a grudge.

"What do you think we should do to get our little sister back?" I asked my siblings.

"For starters we could tell her why we've been apbsent in her life for the past five years." Adrian said.

I just looked at him like he had two heads.

"You know I'm right Ash, the longer we take to tell her the longer it will take for her to forgive us."

AURORA

I knew I couldn't avoid my brothers forever so I decided to put my big girl pants on and head back downstairs. As I was walking down the hall, I passed my daddy's office and heard him murmuring on the phone.

I knew it would be pointless to try and listen because somehow he always knew when I was doing something sneaky.

I hated that about him.

I just kept on walking 'till I reached the stairs and stopped to take several deep breaths. I just had to get this over with, I kept telling my self.

I started descent down the stairs and when I reached the bottom I could hear my brothers talking in the kitchen.

"What do you think we should do to get our little sister back?" I heard Ashy ask.

"For starters we could tell her why we've been apbsent in her life for the past five years." I heard Adrian reply.

Good thinking big brother, that would be a good start.

"You know I'm right Ash, the longer we take to tell her the longer it will take for her to forgive us." I heard him reply to someone although nobody had said anything.

I decided to make my presence known and walked into the kitchen.

The boys immediately stopped talking and just stared at me. God, I wanted to forgive them so bad but I just couldn't, not yet. Not until I started getting some answers.

I walked around to the opposite side of the table from where the boys were sitting and sat down. I looked at the table to get my thoughts and emotions under control before I decided to start talking. I closedy eyes, counted to 10, and finally looked up.

"Y'all have been gone for five years." My voice cracked on the last words and I saw all three close their eyes.

"No, you don't get to hide from that. Look at me." I demanded.

Their eyes snapped open and they looked stunned.

"You missed my middle school graduation, my first day of high school, and not to mention a good amount of birthdays. And why?" I questioned not really wanting an answer.

"There's a good reason Aurora." Aiden decided to answer me anyway.

"Oh, I bet there is." I bit back sarcastically.

All three of them raised an eye brow and I scoffed and rolled my eyes.

"Baby Girl-," Ashton started.

"I told you my name is Aurora, you don't have the right to address me as anything else." I said and regretted it almost instantly at the pained look that crossed his face but this was the consequence. It's his fault and he has to deal with it.

ASHTON

After she said that, I just wanted to curl up and die. Well not really but you get what I mean. I had never, I mean never ever called her by her given name. It has always been Baby Girl or Little One or whatever I or my brothers decided to call her. How dare she take that privelage from me! We have to clear this up quickly because I don't know how much longer I can take this.

"Aurora," I corrected myself through clenched teeth,"I don't know if I'm strong enough to tell you why we have been gone for so long." I said defeatedly.

"Why?" She asked, looking dead at me

"What I need to tell you is hard and I just don't have the balls to look at you and tell you that your life is in danger."

When I said that I waited for her reaction and it was one I was most afraid of.

Fear.

Her eyes were filled with so much fucking fear.

I hated it.

This is the exact reason I didn't want her to know. I don't want her afraid.

"Why and how do you know that?" She asked quietly.

"There are things you don't know about us AURORA," Adrian cut in, putting emphasis on her name.

She looked thoughtful for a minute, like she was trying to remember something.

"That's the same thing Daddy just told me." She mumbled to herself.

My brothers and I looked at each other and waited to see what she would say next.

"Things like what?" She asked, almost like she knew already.

"That's not any of you conc-," I started to say but was cut off my Aiden.

"We are FBI." Aiden stated.

I glared at him but he chose to ignore me.

Bastard.

Now we were just sitting here, waiting on her to give us some kind of indication that she had heard and was listening.

"Really?"

"Yes." All three of us said at the same time.

She looked skeptical, like she wanted to believe us but couldn't. I guess that's our fault. She has lost all trust in us.

"DADDY!" She suddenly screamed.

That scared the shit outta me.

I heard heavy foot steps rushing down the stairs and a few seconds later my dad was rushing in here and straight to Aurora's side.

That little girl has him wrapped around her finger, I though with a smirk on my face.

"What's wrong baby, are you okay?" He asked.

She smiled at him and nodded her head yes. He breathed out a sigh of relief and sat down next to her.

"Why'd you call me down here girl?" He asked.

"I have a question, and don't lie to me." She said to him while narrowing her eyes at him serious but playful as well.

He raised his hands in mock surrender and said,"Yes ma'am."

"Are they FBI like you?" She asked getting right down to the nitty gritty.

He looked at her, then at us, and back to her again. He sighed and shook his head in defeat, like he knew something was going to happen.

"Yes, they are."

She looked livid!

"Why would you keep that from me!" She exclaimed.

At this rate nothing is going to be solved anytime soon.