Chapter 3

DAD'S POV

"Come again", I asked still trying to get over the fact that I'm talking to one of the triplets. Ashton chuckled and repeated himself, "I said we're coming home dad. Getting to old to hear now?" Wow. After five long years I was finally getting my sons back. 

"I can hear just fine, I'm just little suprised."

" Yeah, I could tell"

"Do you really think it's a good idea for you to come back Ashton," I asked a little worried now.

"Yes dad, we're not completely off the hook yet but we will be able to handle ourselves and anything that happens." He paused then started again, "I miss her" he whispered sadly.

I don't know what Aurora's reaction will be when she comes home to see her brothers after five years, but knowing my daughter there will be a lot of smart remarks and tears.

" I know you do son, but I am going to warn you not to get too excited when you see her because she is seriously pissed at you guys. There won't be hugs and kisses and I miss you's and you might not get there for a while." I heard him sigh and felt bad for him because I knew that's exactly what he wanted to happen. He wanted Aurora to act like they never left and sadly that wasn't going to happen.

" I kow, dammit I know. Why did this have to happen? Why did we have to leave her ? She hates us, shit I would too. I don't blame her, we broke a promise and I would be surprised if she even looked our way." I heard the sadness in his voice and it brought tears to my eyes to know that not only was my daughter suffering but so were the three men who she meant everything too. 

"Son, you had to do this. There was no other way. You knew when you took this that there was a possibility that you guys would have to leave for long periods of time. This isn't you fault. Aurora loves all of you unconditionally. Yes, she's hurt and confused but hopefully you will be able to give her to explanations she needs.

He sighed heavily and sounded like he was holding back tears of his own when he said, " We can't tell her why we had to leave. She'd be scared shitless and I don't want to hurt her more than I already have. I can't." I could tell he was having and internal battle with himself thinking of the welfare of his sister.

"So you're going to hurt her even more by lying to her face? She deserves to know why "her boys" weren't there when they said they would be. She deserves to know what's going on and why you and your brothers had to just up and left one day. You atleast owe her that Ashton. Stop being so fucking selfish!"

"I'M NOT BEING SLEFISH, DAMMIT I'M NOT TRYING TO BE! I JUST DON'T WANT HER TO GET HURT DAD! HOW COULD YOU EXPECT ME TO BE OKAY WITH TELLING THAT HER LIFE HAS BEEN IN DANGER EVEN BEFORE SHE WAS FUCKING BORN!" Ashton yelled and I knew I went too far.

"I'm sorry Ashton but you have to take her feelings into consideration too. She doesn't know her life's in danger. So what happens when one day she's alone and something happened to her. You'd feel real shitty for not telling her and it would be your fault that she got hurt because you don't want her to hate you. I'd rather she hate you then be killed or hurt any day. I'll see you when you get here." With that I hung up.