Chapter 6

AURORA

When I got to my room I slammed the door shut and walked over to the desk I had in there and slumped into the chair and put my head down in front of my laptop.

I breathed in and out a few times to calm myself down so I wouldn't burst into tears.

I can't believe after all this time they just randomly show up without telling me first. But why would they tell me? It's not like I'm anybody important to them.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around my three brothers being here after five, painful years.

I snapped out of my thoughts when my Blackberry started playing my text message ringtone.

So cry if you need to but I can't stay to watch you

That's the wrong thing to do

Touch if you need to but I can't stay to hold you

That's the wrong thing to do

Talk if you need to but I can't stay to hear you

That's the wrong thing to do

I walked over to my bed where I threw my phone and opened the message before the next part of the song could play.

I read the text message and my blood ran cold for the second time today.

Remember Aurora dear, Your time will come. Sooner rather than later.

I texted the number back.

Who is this and what do you mean?

I waited anxiously for the person to text me back.

My ringtone sounded again and I jumped. I was so wound up it was crazy.

I opened the text message and what the person sent had my eyes bugging out of my head.

Why don't you ask your brothers and father dear. They should know.

My brothers and daddy? Why would they know? This doesn't make any sense but before I could ask him what he meant again somebody knocked on my door and I stuffed my phone under my pillow. Why? I don't know. I called for them to come in, hoping that it wasn't my brothers.

God must have been listening to me because in walked daddy and I breathed a sigh of relief.

"How you doin' baby?" He asked.

"I'm angry and happy that they're here but mostly angry." I replied.

"But downstairs you said...."

"I know what I said but they don't need to know that I missed them. It's not they missed me or thought about me for the last five years."

He looked at me sadly then walked over to me and sat down beside me on my bed.

He put his arm around me and I took comfort in it.

"You know that's not true Aurora.''

"No I don't." I whispered.

"Deep down you know they missed you as much you missed them."

I knew he was right but being the stubborn girl that I was refused to listen to him and listen to logic.

I didn't want to be believe that they missed me because if I knew that they did I would forgive them and I didn't want to forgive them. Not yet anyways.

"I guess daddy." I said.

He sighed then kissed me forehead and stood up.

"I know every emotion is going through you right now but trust that your brothers left and returned for a good reason sweetie.

"But what's the reason daddy? Why can't you tell me?" I cried.

He ran his hand down his face then looked at me like he was thinking about putting his words right.

"There are things you don't know about me. There are things you don't know about your brothers. Hell there are things you don't even know about Scotty but in time you will know baby. You just have to be patient."

"I've been patient for five flippin years! How much more patient can you get!" I yelled.

Daddy looked at me like he wanted to pop me in my mouth.

"Sorry daddy." I said with a pout.

He chuckled and shook his head and whispered,"Just like her mother." The he got this sad look on his face.

"Daddy?" I said.

"Yeah Aurora."

"You said that there were things about you that I didn't know so if I asked you to tell me, you couldn't possible say no because I'm asking you stuff about you right?" (I got confused writing this lol)

He laughed at me and I stuck my tongue out at him.

"You'd be right sweetie."

"So will you tell me?" I asked with my daddy's little girl look that I knew he couldn't resist.

He groaned and I chuckled quietly. Then he looked like he was thinking about my question.

"Yes Aurora, I can tell you."

"Well get on with it." I said impatiently

He rolled his eyes at me the took a deep breath.

"Aurora....I used to be a FBI agent."

_________________________________________________________________

I tried to make it long but I failed lol.