Chapter 5

AURORA'S POV

I was just a couple blocks away from my house when my phone started ringing. I pressed a button on my steering wheel to answer.

" Hello?''

At first I didn't hear anything, then somebody started breathing down the phone.

"Hello", I said again.

" Your time will come", said the voice.

Fear and confusion seeped into my body at the voice and the message. 

"What, hello? What do you mean?"

"You will soon find out little one"

My blood ran cold as the name came out of the persons mouth. Why did he call me that? The only person that ever called me that was Adrian. I didn't get a chance to ask any more questions because the person hung up. 

I pulled into my driveway confused, scared, and dumbfounded. Why would somebody call me and say that? Is somebody playing a trick on me? I really hope so.

I got out of the car and walked up to my front door. I unlocked the door and walked in.

" Daddy I'm home", I shouted.

"In here Aurora", came his voice from the kitchen.

I put my keys in the bowl and hung my hoodie up, then walked towards the kitchen.

I wasn't paying attention while I was walking so I just kept walking until I got to the fridge. I got out a bottle of apple juice and was about to open it when suddenly I had the urge to look up. What I saw had me wide eyed.

There at the kitchen table were three people I never thought I'd see again.

First there was Ashton. He still looked the same. Soft brown eyes, long curly dark brown hair,  that was in a low pony, and still the same height. The only thing that really changed was his face. He now had a neatly trimmed mustache and beard that covered his strong jaw line. He has on black shorts, red ALIFE's, and a white Ralph Lauren polo.

Next was Aiden. Before he left he had facial hair, now it's gone. I wonder why he shaved it off. He's grew since I last saw him. He got a little bit muscular too. He has on 501 LEVI's, light brown Timberland's, and a black v-neck t-shirt that showed off a peice of a tattoo that he didn't have the last time I saw him. When did he get that? What does it say? Maybe his girlfriend's name?

Last was Adrian. WOW. He has changed a lot. He used to have an afro but now he has a fade. He's wearing a wife beater, khacki shorts, and white Air Force Ones. All across his arms and chest are a lot of tattoos. WTF. He looks like somebody used him as a human canvas. There's a tattoo on his neck that I can't really see.

What really caught my attention about all three of them was the object that doned all three of their left wrists. When I was about 8 years old, we had an arts and crafts day in my second grade class. Our teacher told us to make something special for the most important people in our lives. I made Ashton, Adrian, and Aiden bracelets. I made the beads their favorite colors and spelled their nicknames out in word beads.

I can't believe they're still wearing them. Adrian's is purple, with his name spelled in black letters, Aiden's is gray with his name spelled in purple letters, and Ashton's is blue with his name spelled in white letters. Did they always wear them? They promised they always would, but right now their promises mean shit to me.

Ashton was the first to speak.

" Hi baby girl." Tears sprung to my eyes when I heard him call me the famillar nickname I haven't heard from him in 5 years. I just stared at him open mouthed. Finally I got the courage to speak.