Chapter 1

Tori's P.O.V.

Born in the United States, then brought over to England at just two weeks old. So at the time of the incident, I was just sixteen. In England, that's the age you can go to live on your own and such. I was still living with my mum because I just needed to wait until I graduated school.

One night, my mum came home really drunk. She saw me sitting on the couch reading. "Why aren't you out with your friends?" She slurred.

"Mum, you know I don't have any friends..." I mumbled. This was a very sensitive topic for me. Ever since my dad died, I didn't have any friends. And everyone bullied me. Saying I was a nerd and a looser, things worse than that. Everyone would beat me up.

"Oh yeah, you want to know why that is? Because you're worthless. Useless. Pathetic." She kept naming things while I tried to refocus my attention on my book. Tears rolled down my face freely as she spewed her vicious attack. Then out of nowhere she grabbed my book out of my hand. "You will pay attention while I talk to you!" She screamed. She took my book and smacked me across my face with it. I held in my yelp of pain, not wanting to give her any satisfaction.

Then she picked my up by my hair and dragged me up the stairs. When we got to my room, she threw me in and locked the door behind me. I quietly sat on my bed, salty and stinging tears were pouring from my eyes. I let out a sob as the movement that came along with it came involuntarily.

I didn't understand why my mum did those things to me. I didn't understand why anyone did the things they did to me. I wanted to know why. I wanted to understand. I wanted it all to stop.

My eyes then fell on my razor that sat on my bedside table. I was tempted to grab it. I started scratching my scars from the several times that I had given into the temptation.

Three years earlier, when my dad had killed himself, I had started with cutting. It helped with my pain. Seeing the sticky, warm, red liquid pour freely from my wrists made me feel happy. It released me of my fears. My insecurities. My feelings. My thoughts.

I stopped at the beginning of this summer. Having been released of my shackles that came with that school. The private school I was forced to go to. I hated it, but I did get to escape my mum as I stayed in the dorm rooms.

There were basically two places I needed to escape from. My school and my home. And I could escape one only by going directly to the either one. Thankfully, I had saved enough money that when I graduated this year, I could move out. Then I would do online courses to get a college degree.

That night I had resisted the temptation. I had resisted the mechanism that brought my body ugly scars. Scars that had defied me. Scars that showed everyone how weak I truly was.

I barely came out of my room in the following days. Days turned into weeks. Weeks turned into a month. The end of that month I left my room for the last time, taking all but the furniture. I would never set foot in that house, because as soon as I left school I would be moving into a flat.

Within three hours I was in my dorm room and getting unpacked. I was almost completely finished, when I saw the bag with my razor. Yes, I brought it. I don't know exactly why.

Then my roommate walked in. She was the worst person in the whole school. She tormented me. Called me names so terrible and viscous vikings would find them cruel. Did things to me that I can't even think about without crying. Kalie Krummel.

She had curly red hair, brown eyes. She was the embodiment of hatred and anger. The only reason she was liked was for her money.

"Oh great, I'm stuck with you. Just keep your stuff over there. And don't give me whatever STD you have this week." She snapped.

"That would require me to want to have physical contact with you. I don't. I think you are the most utterly repulsive creature to walk this earth." I shot back. She glared at me, and immediately I knew I wished I hadn't done that.

She walked quickly over to me and fisted my hair. She pulled me down to the ground. I didn't know quite what to expect, until her one of her fists connected with my nose. Not quite hard enough to break it, but enough for blood to start pouring from it. Then she kicked me in my stomach, followed by her throwing me back so I hit my head on my desk.

I blacked out after that.

After I woke up, I realised it had been thirty minutes. Kalie was nowhere to be seen. Thank god. So I stood up and walked over to my suitcase. I grabbed the bag with my razor, then walked down the hall to the bathroom.

As soon as I walked inside it, I went directly to the nearest stall. I didn't care about the girls in there talking and staring. I didn't care anymore. Tonight I couldn't resist the temptation.

I tied my brown hair back and opened up my back. I didn't hesitate before slicing my skin with the cold hard metal. I felt stinging at first, then I felt instant relief. I watched as the blood gushed out of the cut, flowing over my wrist and onto the floor. I cried softly as I kept cutting myself.

The last thing I remeber before blacking out is banging on the door, and someone screaming "TORI OPEN THE DAMN DOOR!".

So Tori is on the side. Don't forget to vote, comment, and follow! ~Ali