Chapter 8

Liam's P.O.V.

  Mr. Horan watched me closely, his deep blue eyes staring into mine. His blonde quiff sat on the top of his head, and his long fingers brushed against his chin. I turned my gaze from him to the ground, hoping he wouldn't say anything.

"Okay, Liam," Mr. Horan began to say. "Let's rewind shall we?" I looked toward him, expecting something more to be said. He sat there, staring at me uncomfortably. "When did you first start to cut?" I looked down, not being able to meet his eyes. "Liam, you need to tell me."

"Why?" I whispered, looking up. "What will it do for either of us?"

"It'll help you to sort things out." He looked me dead in the eyes. "Tell me." My fingers brushed across each other, and I looked down, not wanting to talk about my problems.

"My girlfriend, Mandi.." I started. "We were coming back from a party one night.."

Flashback

  Rain slapped against the windshield. The air conditioning was on, making my skin feel cold and soft. Mandi turned the volume up on the radio, Lego House blasting through the stereo. She began to sing, and I turned to her, smiling softly. She faced me, giving a wide grin as she sang. Her fingers tapped against the steering wheel as the beat went on, her swaying her body back-and-forth as she went.

   The next thing I knew, my eyes slowly opened, my body aching, the car beeping loudly, and I weakly turned to look at Mandi. She was leaning against the car horn, her face torn up and covered in blood. Her mouth was slightly open, blood dripping from her lips.

"Mandi?" I began to shake her, trying to get her to make a sound. She was still - unmoving. "Mandi!"

Flashback over

"I- I don't want to talk about it." I whispered, tears sliding down my cheeks.

"Liam, I need to-"

"No! You don't need to know anything, damn it!" I slammed my hands against the chair, standing up quickly and running out of the office toward my room.

  I opened my bag, throwing all of my clothes out. I dug through everything I had, and I couldn't find anything with a sharp edge. Nothing. I immediately ran toward the bathroom, throwing everything to the side, searching. I ran back into the room, searching the closet. My hands trailed around the small place, hoping to find something. Hoping to find something that could relieve me of my pain.

Vote, fan, comment! -Isabella