Chapter 2

Liam's P.O.V.

  The blade of my knife sliced against my pale, scarred wrist. Instantly, blood began to trickle down my hand, and I closed my eyes tightly, taking a deep breath. Pain began to subside, and I immediately felt better. I slowly opened my eyes, taking in the feeling of numbness against my veins, and the room started to spin. Faster and faster, it began to twirl, leaving me to try to keep my balance. Nothing helped. My blade dropped to the floor, and that was the last thing I remember before falling to the ground.

Beep. Beep. Beep.

  My eyes slowly opened, the light stinging my eyes as if I hadn't seen brightness in months. My mouth was very dry, and it almost felt like sandpaper. My body ached, every movement I made felt like hell.

"Liam," A gasp left her feminine voice. "Are you awake?" 

"Mum?" I croaked out confusedly, looking up at her with all of the energy I had. Tears stung her eyes, and she smiled lightly before wiping a stray tear off of her cheek with the back of her hand. "Where are we?"

"Love, we're in the hospital." She whispered, holding back tears with every ounce of might that she had.

"Why?" My voice began to trail off, unsure of what there was to be said.

"You don't remember?" She whispered, putting her hand to her lips. I looked at her confusedly before a picture flashed in my mind of me slicing my wrist.

"I remember." I whisper, looking down at my fingers. My mum gently moved her hand into mine, and she rubbed circles against the back of my hand like she used to do when I was little.

"Why?" Her voice cracked, and tears began to stream down her face. "Why do you do this to yourself, Liam?" A tear slid down my cheek, and I shut my eyes tightly, not wanting to see my mum's broken face.

"When Mandi died.." I took a deep breath, holding back tears. "I was heart broken. She was.. My love. My life. She died in pain, and I couldn't - wouldn't pretend like everything was okay. Mum, I hurt without her." Her hands covered her face, and she let out a muffled cry, putting her head down. Her streaked-gray hair covered her face, and pink glazed her cheeks.

"Please," She cried. "Don't hurt yourself anymore." Her hands shook mildly, and she grabbed a tissue out of her pocket, dabbing the tears away. Black mascara smudged underneath her eyes, but not dark enough that'd anyone would notice.

"I can't promise that." I whispered, looking down at my shaking hands.

"Then I have no choice," My mum said gently. "You're getting help."

  Gates wrapped around the whole premises, and a monumental building stood right in the middle of it. Words were engraved onto the plaque that was cemented into the ground. It read 'London Teen Health Resort'. They might as well have said mental institute.

"Mum, I don't want to be here." I said, taking a step back. She looked into my eyes, guilt covering them.

"I know, baby." She whispered, walking toward me. Her hand rubbed against my arm gently, and I looked down. "It's for the best."

"Being locked away in a mental institute is for the best?" My voice began to rise. "Mum, I'm not crazy! I'm hurt! You don't need to ship me off to some clinic for psycho's!"

"Liam, be quiet!" She yelled. I was taken aback by her risen voice. She's never yelled at me before. "I know you're not crazy, Liam. You're broken. You're in pain. I just don't want my baby boy to be miserable anymore." Tears welled up in her eyes, and I wrapped my arms around her.

"I'm sorry, mum." I whispered.

"I'm sorry too."

  The nurse motioned for me to follow her, and I did as I was told. Lots of people crowded around in rooms, playing games, reading, anything to make them better. Or that's what the nurses say, anyway. We passed a small group of women. They painted on canvas's, their brushes gently gliding around the thick paper.

"Liam?" The nurse said. I turned back to face her, and she smiled lightly. "This'll be your room." I dragged my suit case to the door and turned the knob slightly before it pulled open. There sat a girl, a depressed, shattered girl, with nothing but a suitcase, and her tears. Chocolate brown hair covered her eyes, but when she looked up me, they were clearly visible. A light shade of hazel glazed her orbs.

"Hi," I whispered gently. "I'm Liam." She pulled down the sleeves of her jumper slightly.

"Hi," She replied nervously. "I'm Tori."

Like, comment, vote! ~Isabella