Chapter 4

Liam's P.O.V.

  Tears stained her cheeks, she didn't even bother to wipe them away. Her straight dark brown hair covered most of her face, the only thing I could see was her lips. I walked over to her, sitting down right next to the girl who was crying her eyes out.

"Why are you crying?" I whispered, leaning in toward her so I could hear her more clearly.

"Isn't it obvious? I'm here in this hell hole for God knows how long. Just because of an accident."

"It can't be that bad here. I saw in the pamphlet there's a pool, basketball court, tennis court, and an art supplies room."

"What ever." She mumbled softly. I sighed, looking down.

"So why'd you do it?"

"Do what?"

"Try to kill yourself." I heard her let out a sharp sigh.

"I didn't. It was an accident." I was taken aback by the anger in voice. She slowly looked up at me, her eyes covered in regret. She looked down once more before standing up. "I'm going to bed. It's hard sleeping in a hospital, let alone when you know there are people watching you." She walked toward her duffle bag, bending down and unzipping it. She rummaged through her clothes before pulling out sweatpants and a sweatshirt, and headed toward the bathroom, leaving me in the dark, empty room.

  The sound of water tapping against the marble tub caught my attention. I sat still for a minute more before peeling off my clothes, and grabbing a pair of boxer shorts, sliding them up, and leaving my top half bare.

  Tori walked back into the room, her hair dripping with water, and her eyes immediately moved down to my chest. She stood there for a second more before heading to her bed, and lifting up the duvet, allowing her to slide in underneath.

"G'night, Liam." She whispered, the room now pitch black.

"G'night, Tori."

  I was instantly awoken by screams, and I turned the light on before running over to Tori. Sweat beaded on her forehead, and she let out high-pitched shrieks.

"Lexi!" She screamed, a tear streaming down her face. "Lexi, you need to stop this! Lexi, answer me! LEXI!"

"Tori." I said gently, but loud enough for her to hear. I carefully shook her, trying to get her to wake up. "Tori, wake up." All of the sudden, she sat up straight, looking toward me. Her chest was rising and falling rather quickly. Her body shook, and she swallowed.

"Liam, did I wake you?" She whispered, catching her breath.

"Yeah, but it's okay." I said. "Are you okay?" She shook her head, and looked down at her arms, quickly pulling her sweatshirt sleeves down. "Who's Lexi?"

"Lexi.." She took a breath, and tears slid down her cheeks. "Lexi was my best friend when we were eight. I could tell her anything and everything. But she, she um died."

"How?"

"Her mom beat her to death." My heart felt like it broke into millions of pieces.

"Is that why you were screaming her name? To warn her?"

"No. I was the one who found her. If I wouldn't, she would've been buried in the back yard." Her small voice shook, and she breathed in shallow breaths. She let out a loud sob, putting her head down.

  I did the only thing I could do. I sat down behind her, and wrapped my arms around her gently, whispering comforting things into her ear as she cried and cried.

Vote, comment, fan! -Isabella