Chapter 5

SURPRISE!! ANOTHER UPDATE TODAY!!! AREN'T WE JUST THE BEST?!?!?!

Tori's PoV

I wouldn't say it was unpleasant having Liam hold me all night. It just wasn't very comfortable.

Okay yeah, it was unpleasant.

It was just a downright unpleasant experience for anyone to touch me, especially someone who had seen what Liam had just witnessed. One of my fits. That's what I call it when I'm screaming and crying in my sleep. A fit. Because there wasn't anything better to call it.

So when a wake up call came at seven thirty, I got up out of his arms. He didn't protest, just went over to his suitcase and started getting clothes out. I went through my duffle bag until I found what I was looking for. I pulled out a grey crew neck jumper, a pair of denim shorts, and some black hi tops.

Liam walked over to me and grabbed the jumper off my bed. "Long sleeves? It's seventy degrees outside."

"Hence the shorts." I said harshly before yanking my jumper out of his hands. Gathering my toothbrush and toothpaste, I took my things and went into the bathroom.

I brushed my teeth quickly but thoroughly. Then I pulled off my sweatpants and sweatshirt. I looked in the mirror at my body. On my stomach there were scars from where I had been cut by numerous people. Some by the Football Captain and his mates, others by the Cheerleading squad. One, the largest, was self inflicted. I did it to myself. Determined to make myself as ugly as I felt. Determined to make everyone else see that I truly was ugly, not beautiful. That's when I started to lose my friends.

I pulled on my clothes, and started to pull on my shoes when I noticed something in them. There were three light purple sillybands that were in the shape of a crown. My dad gave them to me when I was eleven. He said as long as I wore them I'd have good luck. I remember when I took them off.

"Bye Annabella!" I shouted as I skipped up towards my house.I entered my house, expecting my dad to come and pick me up to fly me around the room. But my dad didn't come. "Mum?"

No answer. I walked around my house. Nobody in sight. I sighed and locked the door, then sat on the couch to wait for my parents. They wouldn't be too long now. I decided to work on my homework. But all too soon, I finished.

I looked up at the clock and see it had been thirty minutes since I got home. I sighed once more and waited. I'd surely only have to wait mere seconds before my parents walked in.

Seconds turned into minutes. Minutes turned into hours. My mum walked in at nine thirty. Five and a half hours after I got home from school. But she wasn't the same. Her hair was a mess. Her face was red and splotchy, covered in tears. Her eyes were puffy.

"Mum? What's wrong?" I asked quietly, trying not to startle her.

"Honey, while your dad was at work...he killed himself." She said. She started walking towards me. I just shot off the couch, backing away from her.

"You're lying."

"No baby I'm...."

"YOU'RE LYING!!!!!" I screamed before bolting up the stairs. I ran into my bedroom, slamming the door behind me.

I screamed and cried, throwing things around my room. Glass shattered. Furniture broke. Then on my wrist, I spotted the light purple silly bands.I hadn't taken them off in two years. I took them off and stuffed them in my least worn pair of converse. I then picked up a glass shard and examined it.

I didn't hesitate. I didn't think. I just sliced the cool, pale skin of my wrist with the shard. I smiled as the sticky and warm liquid started flowing from the cuts.

I decided quickly to put them on. I figured that I haven't them on in three years, so I might as well. Something to remind me of my dad. I put them on my left wrist and hid them by the sleeve of my jumper. I pulled on my shoes and braced myself for the day.

I walked out to see Liam fully dressed. He had on a blue plaid button up, some jeans, and black converses. He still had his bandages on. He really has no problem letting people know he cuts, does he? I thought to myself. I shrugged to myself.

"So what do we have to do today?" I asked. He picked up the schedule.

"Well from eight to eight thirty is breakfast. Then eight thirty to ten thirty we have group counseling. Ten thirty to eleven thirty we have to have some sort of physical evaluation. Then eleven thirty to twelve thirty we have lunch.Then after that we can do whatever until nine thirty. But we have to stick together all day."

Hell no. I was NOT going to spend all day with him. I don't care how good looking he is, I am not spending my whole day with him. "Wait did you say counceling?" I asked, looking fearfully up at him.

"Yeah. Why?"

"I AM NOT GOING!" I screamed. I fled into the bathroom and locked the door.

Images kept flooding my head. The two doctors watching me as if I were a piece of meat. Making me sit on the leather couch. Asking me questions I didn't want to be asked. Them shaking me whenever I had started crying and couldn't properly speak.

"Tori open up." Liam's voice called out to me. It was far and distant. Like a dream.

The doctors eyed my wrists quietly. They had scars and fresh cuts on them. Suddenly, one of them pressed his thumb into my cuts as hard as he could. He was intent on hurting me. Just like everyone else. But there was one difference. They both promised never to hurt me.

"Tori!"

"Mum don't make me go back to them! They hurt me!" I begged my mother. She kept pulling me along the sidewalk. The only way I knew to stop her was to go limp. Make myself deadweight. That's what I did.

"Get up!" She screamed. I didn't listen. She pulled me to a standing position. The next thing I knew her hand slapped me. I felt the stinging in my cheek and eye. I screamed out in pain.

"TORI! OPEN THE DAMN DOOR!" Liam shouted. His voice was louder, clearer.

"DON'T MAKE ME GO BACK!!" I shouted to my mum.

"PLEASE DON'T MAKE ME GO!!! THEY'RE GOING TO HURT ME!!!"

"TORI JUST OPEN THE DOOR! PLEASE!" I heard Liam perfectly then. I unlocked the door and he immediately came in. I realised I was sitting on the floor, curled up into a ball, and crying. He didn't say a word. He just sat down next to me and pulled me onto his lap. "Don't worry Tori, they won't hurt you. I won't let them."

LOVE IT? FAN, VOTE, COMMENT! AND IF YOU READ BOTH AUTHOR'S NOTES OR THIS CHAPTER GAVE YOU FEELS COMMENT "LOU'S CLUES"! ~Ali