Chapter 3 : The World Is Ugly

I woke up with the hugest headache ever. Well... the hotel beds never seemed to do any comfort. I shifted about and rolled over lazily to one side. The rest of the guys were sleeping, fortunately, so at least I was laying down in peace with no sound echoing through the room but the furnace. We were gonna have to leave this town tomorrow for another show. Thank god we didn't have to leave today, because my head was throbbing to be able to load the stuff back onto the bus and other chaos like that.

Sitting up as best as I could, I straightened my back and winced. Damn, it felt like I just got trampled by an elephant. My mouth hurt too. I touched my lips slightly and looked at my hands. No blood. Nothing... it's all good, I guess.

I was still dressed in the clothes from yesterday - my jacket and black faded jeans. My shoes were all dirty from trudging in the rain and dirt and all that muck on the pavement, leaving slight stains on the floor and bed.

Then I remember last night. The memory is too painful. I wonder how that guy's doing right now. But then again, I probably wouldn't wanna know anyway. He might press charges if he happened to catch sight of me. 

Tousling my hair, I walked to the bathroom and took sight in the slightly smudged mirror. Eh... I walked over to the sink, got out a toothbrush and rinsed some water on it along with some toothpaste. As I was opening my mouth, I noticed my 'canine teeth' protruding rather sharply. And that I must've bitten down on my lip too hard and there was two red marks on the bottom of them.

I touched it slightly and pain rushed through my index finger. OW! Shit... wincing, I looked down on my finger and noticed a smidge of blood. Just a tiny bit oozing out. I wiped it on my jacket because it didn't seem to be that big of a deal. After all, it's not like it would turn into a massive bloodshed. But then again...

Confused, I leaned down further on the sink, heaving heavily. I looked up at the mirror again and bared my noticably sharper teeth again. When's the last time I visited the dentist? Was it something I ate that seemed to carve it out like that or what?

I ran my fingers through my hair frustratingly and tiredly. Was I becoming something I wouldn't have thought of or was it just all in my head? I think I need some more sleep. After looking in the mirror, I noticed that my eyes had slight bags underneath them. I must've gotten at least only 5 hours of sleep or such. The bed seemed such a nice place to be at this point... and so I decided, walking back to the room and jumping onto the bed, that I would put myself in an eternal sleep (not really, but I was hella tired), awaiting for the fatigue to slip away so I could start the day off better...

Sleep's all I want right now.

-----------------------------------------

*Switch to Mikey's POV*

As soon as I opened my eyes, I realized that everyone else was still sound asleep but me. I looked over at the clock residing next to me on the lamp stand, that read 10:45. Then I just so happened to  think about last night, which seemed a little blurry. Everything just happened so fast. Gerard, on the other hand.... I pinched the bridge of my nose frustratingly and shook my head. Of course he had to make a fool out of himself by getting drunk. He must've gotten back to the hotel early, because when I got back to our hotel room after hanging with the guys, he was sound asleep.

At least so it seemed. I looked over to the left of my bedside and Gerard seemed to be crouched in a fetal position with the covers and blankets wrapped all over him. I'm surprised he didn't suffocate in his sleep with all that shit covering him.

I glanced down at myself as I shifted slightly off the bed so I wouldn't wake my brother. Still wearing the clothes from yesterday... bleck. Maybe I should take a shower. But I was feeling lazy so yet... I don't think so. I stretched myself out, yawned, and grab my gray beanie hat.