Chapter Twenty-Two- Crystal Balls of Misfortune

"Jasmine," Winter said looking at the paintings. When they had woken up, the cliff's tunnels had different coloured lights shinning through them. Which showed her that she wasn't dreaming. "Who are they?"

"Who are who?" Jasmine asked and Winter wanted to hit herself, she couldn't see the paintings. So she wouldn't be able to tell her who the blue eyed and white haired boy and girl were. "Are you talking about the paintings?"

"Yea."

"I know who they are."

"You do?"

"White hair, blue eyes?"

"Yep." Winter kept looking at them, all of the paintings showed a different world. Sadly, the first when was covered in snow. But they looked happy enough. "I'm guessing the first painting was their home world."

"A world covered in ice and snow. Like this one," Jasmine told her. She was born their as well, they didn't get called nomads until cycles later. "However, unlike this one, Chowilawu, was made to be able to handle it."

"I'm guessing there's more?"

"Yes, each planet that was destroyed has it's own tunnel."

"You don't have to tell me what happened," Winter told her. She didn't want to dig up any painful memories, she knew what it felt like when people didn't leave well enough alone. "I understand when people keep reminding you of things you'd rather forget."

"It's fine. You'll learn what happened."

"Are you sure?"

"I'm sure Winter," she said. If she remembered correctly about what happened in these tunnels. Winter was going to learn what happened, along with the others. She just didn't know of what event. "That boy and girl you see in the pictures, I was meant to protect them, but I failed."

"I'm sure they know that you tried your hardest."

"My hardest wasn't enough. They still suffered," Jasmine said her head down in shame. "Not only that, I lost my pups. All four of my pups."

Winter only looked at her. She didn't know what to do, but she remembered Lily hugging someone when they were crying, so it should work here, right? Besides no one else was around, so she could get away with the embarrassing act. Stopping she wrapped her arms around Jasmine's torso, and buried her face in her shoulders. "It's fine I promise. After all, River told me everything heals with time. But you need to stop blaming yourself."

"So should you."

"I really should."

"Let's continue. You'll need your strength."

Winter nodded following her. Neither spoke as Winter kept looking at the paintings, men and women. All of them with white or sliver hair, blue or grey eyes. Each one had either snow or ice following them. Some had water, through she was confused about those ones.

Jasmine didn't speak because she didn't want to drag Winter's mood down, she could feel her awe. She should be, after all the protectors of Chowilawu were always powerful beings, each one stronger then the next. "We're close."

"Close to, never mind. You meant the blue door, right?" Winter asked looking at it, Jasmine must have sensed it. She couldn't see the damn door, she was blind. "I'm guessing we go through it?"

"Yes. But be warned, you might not like what you see."

Winter just looked at her, but she opened the door and wanted to scream. Inside of rock, there was snow. People were dying left and right, battles still went on, ignoring the fallen. Taking a step she felt something go through her like she didn't even exist. Looking at her side, she saw someone hitting the ground. Her feet were going through his legs. Or at least she thought it was male. "What the hell happened here?"