Chapter Six

I stand in the middle of the room while the woman in baby blue hair circles me. She stops and gets measure tape. "I am sorry I didn't mention this to you before," she held out her hand for me to shake it, "my name is Olivia." 

I shake her hand, "Nice to meet you."

"You are Katniss and Peeta's daughter right?" She motions for me to sit.

"Yeah." I sit and I stare into her violet eyes. 

"Nice! Well, we are going to be dressing you modestly and I won't be giving you any piercings or tattoos. You're only sixteen anyways."

"Okay." I place my hands in my lap and evelope in the awkward silence. 

"So! Just get out of that night gown, get your clothes, and come back over to the lobby after you're finished."

I wince. "Is there going to be more waxing and rinsing??" 

"No, we're through with that. Only when you have to go back into the arena for the Quater Quell." 

"I seriously doubt I'll get up to the top 10." I mutter. 

"Well, with you being Katniss and Peeta's daughter I'm sure you'll win. If I could bet on you I would." Olivia says. 

"But, you don't even know me." I whisper.

"And?" Olivia shrugs and puts on a layer of strawberry lip gloss.

"And, I've been almost killed before too." 

"Yes, I know. You live in District 12." 

"No. Another almost death thing." I look down. 

"What happened?" Olivia sounds concered. 

"I . . . uh, a Peacekeeper almost killed me and another boy." I said. 

"Oh," Olivia's voice and face softened. "Well, I'm sorry that happened, Ashlyn." 

"Nevermind. Can we change the subject?" I look up at her. 

"Sure." Olivia smiles. "Now get your clothes on and meet me in the lobby."