One

Lauren's POV -

It was a beautiful Saturday afternoon. We were all sat in the back of the car, on our way to the recording studio once again. I was sat next to Dinah; Ally and Camila beside us, Normani in the front. I wasn't sure about the other four girls, but I didn't get much sleep after having to work late last night at the studio, recording the tracks for our new album. However, I was pretty confident that the make up, that I had applied, concealed my tiredness. I was scrolling through my Twitter feed when I noticed Dinah, who was sat to my right, also doing the same.

"My Twitter is blowing up with questions from fans.." Dinah said as she turned her head to look at me. I swiftly ran a hand through my black hair and gazed back towards her. Her hazel-coloured eyes met my emerald ones. I raised an eyebrow questioningly, "Yeah, so is mine." I began, "What are you getting asked about?"

Dinah quickly peered to the right, my own gaze followed hers, to where our second youngest band member, Camila, sat, glancing out of the window. Dinah turned her head back towards me, leant closer, and cupped her hand over my ear, beginning to whisper something to me. "The #Camren is back again." Her voice was gentle but with a slight hint of excitement hidden there. I sighed in frustration at the thought, and she pulled away.

I sometimes couldn't understand our fans, why they would make assumptions and want Camila and myself to be a couple? It didn't make any sense. Anytime I would log on to Twitter, I would always try and avoid the hashtag 'Camren'. In fact I don't think I have ever looked on the hashtag before, honestly I have been too scared. Dinah, on the other hand, has. I had asked her about it one night when our fans were going insane on our Twitter about a recent 'Camren moment'. She said she looked up the hashtag, genuinely interested to see why people had been acting way they had been. Her response surprised me. She said that 'it wasn't too bad' and that she 'could see why people were going insane.' I never understood what she meant, but since that night, she wasn't taking the whole 'Camren' thing badly and said that I should accept it as a compliment. No way, it was honestly weird and made me uncomfortable. Sometimes it would get to the point where I was scared to even interact with the younger girl because it would set everyone off again. In the end, I just tried my best to ignore it and keep my friendship with Camila strong.

"Leave it." I whispered and shook it off, reminding myself that I shouldn't make a big deal about it, it would only end up making things worse. Dinah locked her phone and put it into her purse, but smirked simultaneously in my direction. "What?" I added, my voice now louder than a whisper, but still quiet. "Nothing," she shook her head as the smirk continued and I furrowed my eyebrows, "just, why do you always get so frustrated? I mean, I don't get frustrated when people make 'norminah' comments or, whatever, so why do you?" She sounded genuinely confused and her comment made me wonder.

I don't know. I actually didn't know why I made a big deal about it, or why I got so frustrated all of the time. Maybe it was because it was happening all the time, or maybe the fact that me and Camila wouldn't ever get together. I really didn't know and I still don't know.

My eyes flickered over to the young brunette who my thoughts had been based on. There was a gentle smile plastered over her pink lips as her chocolate brown eyes focused intently on something that was on her phone. From what it looked like, she was on Twitter? I couldn't see. I scanned over her over once again, a small smile forming on my own lips when I had finished. I wasn't staring, I was... admiring? I wasn't sure myself, but she was oblivious any how. "I.." I returned my attention back to the Polynesian girl. "I.. don't know," I sighed and I realised that there was actually a hint of sadness in my voice, even though it wasn't intended. I instantly regretted what I had said when Dinah winked at me, having noticed me 'staring' at the smaller girl. I decided it was best not to reply and leave it as that.