Three

With that I locked my phone, placed it down on the night stand beside me and jumped out of bed.

I quickly slipped my feet into my pink fluffy slippers and made my way quietly out of the room, ensuring that I didn't wake my friends up. I unlocked the door and stepped out unnoticed.

The hallway was dark, like it had been before but this time, almost pitch black. There were no lights in the hallway but luckily Lauren and Dinah's room was only a few doors down so all I had to do was meet Lauren half way. I searched the pocket of my dressing gown for my phone before realising that I had left it back in the room, on my night stand. I could have used it as a light source, or to text Lauren but I couldn't go back now.

Down the hallway I could faintly make out the figure of a tallish, raven-haired girl in a black pyjama top and black and white stripy pyjama bottoms. Lauren.

I continued to walk down the hallway in a straight line but sped up my pace. "Lauren?!" I whisper-shouted, my voice echoing. "Yeah, it's me Camz." She whisper-shouted back to me, my heart rate sped up at the nickname she used. Suddenly I came face to face with her and all the memories of earlier came flooding over me, I wanted to explain, I needed too.

"Lauren." I panted and grabbed her black pyjama t-shirt, almost pleadingly, "I'm so sorry about earlier, I can't even explain how much I regret it." I thought I was about to break down. Lauren lowered her head to look down at me and she clutched my arms softly, reassuring me. "It's not your fault. It's-"

"Don't you dare say it's your fault Lo." I said firmly and she tensed for a moment, probably because of the old nickname I referred to her as.

"I love that." She spoke, her words tender and soft, "you know."

"What?" I asked, my brown eyes meeting her emerald. My breath hitched in my throat as her eyes illuminated in the dark, so full of love and compassion. We shared a moment before she finally spoke up in her tired raspy tone which I loved, "I love it when you call me Lo." My pulse sped up.

"So do I. I mean, I love it when you call me Camz, everyone else calls me Mila or Camila. It's special to me Lauren. It brings back so many good memories that I never want to forget." I whispered cautiously as I could barely see Lauren's face so I didn't know what her reaction would be. "That's the same with me." She whispered and darted her eyes to the floor for a moment. My heart sank at the sight. Lauren looked so sad.

"Lo? Are you okay?" I asked, realising I was still clinging onto her shirt, her hands still on top of mine. When she didn't answer, I had to make the first move.

I placed my right hand on her chin and pushed it up slightly so her eyes locked with mine once again. I searched her beautiful emerald orbs for a sign but they were no longer filled with love and compassion, they were glassy, like she was about to cry. I felt my own eyes begin to water. "Lauren.." I choked on my own words, like I had done earlier tonight but I wasn't going to make that same mistake twice. I inhaled heavily and blinked forcefully before continuing. "Come back to my room, we can talk about it there and then when we are finished you can go back." Lauren wiped her eyes quickly before nodding.

"I can barely see you in the dark either, that's another reason why we should go.x" I smiled and saw Lauren briefly doing the same, "Honestly, I can only see your eyes, not that I'm complaining though." I heard Lauren release a sad laugh before wiping her eyes again. "Come on." I whispered softly and grabbed her hand so we could walk back to my room.