Two

I was deep within my own thoughts when there was a sudden knock at my door.

'What the hell?' I spoke under my breath. I raised my head slowly from the pillow to hear the continuous quiet knocking. Who could want me at this time? Who ever it was, they seemed patient...

Throwing my phone down beside me, I slipped out of my bed and made my way out into the front room, where the knocking was present. "I'm coming!" I whispered loudly, cautious of waking Dinah up. My hand reached the door knob before I inserted the key and turned it sideways. The door opened quicker than I expected as someone on the other side gently pushed it. A familiar brunette was standing on the other side of the door in her dressing gown.

"Camila?" I sighed in relief. I thought it might have been someone I didn't know, I'm glad that it was only Camila.

"Hey." She whispered softly back to me. Her voice was so gentle it almost made me forget about what had happened back at the studio earlier. Almost.

"What are you-" I began before being interrupted.

"Is it a bad time?" The smaller girl asked as she looked down at her feet and shuffled uncomfortably. I also noticed her nervous lip bite so I tried to reassure her as best as I could.

"Hey. Well I wouldn't say it's the best time to come over cause, you know, it's almost midnight," I chuckled and saw a faint smile appear on the younger girls lips, but quickly disappeared. "I didn't come here to 'come over' Lauren."

Her brown chocolate eyes met my gaze and made me shiver slightly. She looked so disappointed. She looked as though she was pleading. I was now worried. If she didn't want to come over then why was she here?

"Why are you here Camila? Are you okay?" I asked, searching her eyes for some kind of sign. I couldn't find any.

"Can I talk to you?" She said and just as I was about to pull her inside, she dragged me out into the hallway by my waist. Her small fragile hands wrapped around my baggy black shirt tightly and she used her full force to pull me closer to her. I was so flustered that I couldn't think straight, I didn't know what was happening or what would happen next.

She clung onto my waist and stood infront of me, her head almost buried into my neck, the sudden movement made my heart beat uncontrollably in my chest. As much as I wanted to pull her closer to me, I didn't. I couldn't. Not after what she told me back at the studio, apparently I was getting all the wrong signals. But this was so blatantly obvious, wasn't it? I was sure she wanted me to reciprocate her actions this time.

"Camila I-" I stuttered, trying to get my point across but I just didn't know how. Luckily, the smaller girl spoke up, "Lauren listen..." She whispered against my neck, "I'm sorry." I could feel her warm breath escalate upwards, sending shivers all over my body.

"What?" I panted, the tension was driving me crazy. Finally, Camila's grip on my waist loosened and she took a step backwards. I saw her swallow hard and firmly lock eyes with me, making me also swallow the hard lump in my throat. "Okay," she exhaled heavily before taking a deep breath, regaining her posture and beginning.

"Basically, I over heard you and Dinah arguing before." Instantly, my eyes widened and my pulse fastened. Shit. I opened my mouth to explain but the smaller girl carried on.

"I didn't know I was ruining your life Lauren. If that was the case, you could have just told me." She sounded really hurt. Her arms were wrapped insecurely around her own waist now and she avoided eye contact with me.