Jack Daniel-3

"Cheers to Ava and her first day with us Jenny said raising her beer bottle". I clinked with hers and took a swing.I wasn't much of a drinker. I was more a mellow and adventurous type. Not a partying slut who drank their life away.

I had work the next morning and definitely didn't want a hangover. Jenny turned to me. Dance with me she said. "Oh no I don't dance" I said

She rolled her eyes. Everyone dances whether its beyond closed door or not she retort.

A guy named Ryan cosigned." Yea newbie we need to know if your a scary cat or tough enough to fit in this industry."

I sigh. I got up and jenny followed me to the dance floor. It was a little bar and majority of us worked for Mr.Dyer. Dark and friendly place 

 A generic beat came on and I swayed my hips side to side. Jenny went wild and whipped her hair and body around. I hear the guys whistle and cheer. It was actually fun to be around actual friends and hang out. 

 She grabbed my hands and I began to let loose and dance like there's no tomorrow. I felt like a professional dancer but in reality I probably danced like a monkey getting tased. Suddenly the cheering stopped and Jenny immediately stop dance. 

 "What's wrong?" I asked. I stopped dancing and turned to see Mr.Dyer Standing at the door way. I felt my heart drop to my stomach. His face was hardened when he looked our way. "You all do know you have work tomorrow I expect you all there on time." he said before walking out. 

I knew he wanted to shout at us for partying when we have work the next day. I'm going home I said to jenny see you tomorrow. I said grabbing my coat. If I'm still working there she said. I hugged her and left.

"Where have you been?" I heard walking in the apartment. I went for drinks after work I said. I knew it was Noah being his usual self. protective.

 He was in the kitchen cooking what looked like Chicken Caesar pasta. My Favorite. "What's the special occasion?" I asked putting my things down. I did so much today I was beat. Your first day at an office job he said.

 Noah sat a plate down in front of my and across from me. He opened a bottle of white wine and poured me something. Thank you I smiled. Noah was always a charmer. He knew how to treat a lady. You really didn't have to do this I said. "Oh shut up and dig in" he said.

So how is it like he asked. I put my fork down and toke a sip, It was strange but okay I guess. I had lots to do and he is a strict one for sure. I replied.

"Well I'm happy for you"

"Thank you it means a lot"

Steven-

 The nerve of them. I should fired all their asses. I poured me a glass of Jack Daniel. Babe come back to bed I hear her say. I toke a swing and filled in two glasses. I wasn't much of a drinker but when I did I turned into someone else and I can admit that.

 I got back in the room and laid there was the the skimpy girl I seen at the lobby of my building. She was a skinny tall brunette living in the same building as me. I gave her the glass and she chug it quickly. 

"So what does this mean" she asked. 

What does what mean? I hope she wasn't referring to "us".

Is this just a hook up or- It's exactly what you said a hookup and only that I shot. Go screw yourself she said getting up. I watched her put her jeans and shirt. Wait I said just before she left.

"What the hell do you want." she spat

I got up and grabbed her pinning her up against the wall. It's not that your were a hook up it's the fact that you helped me in need I said kissing up and down her neck. I felt her legs quiver against mines. 

That's - just -a basic term- of h- hooking up she breathed. I'm not good for you I said. I slid my hands in her pants making her pant. Please no She said trying to get away from me.

But we both knew she wanted it. I released her and she stood there trying to catch her breath. Round two is always an option I said. I sat down in my bed watching her. I thought she was going to walk out. Until she began undressing.

-

I dabbed some cologne on my wrist and behind my neck. It was the next day and I had to look sharp because I was meeting with Sintra. after last night we fucked and she went home. I hoped I wouldn't see her again. I grabbed my keys and said by to Mandy my maid and left.

I nearly made my way to Starbucks before realizing Ava will be doing that now. I reached Dyer Inc and made my way in. Morning I said to Jane before heading towards the elevator.

The doors swung open and I got out walking to my office. I past Ava's desk and seen her stuff there put not her.

I walked into my office and found her in the middle of placing my coffee down. Oh I'm sorry I thou- No it's fine I said grabbing it from her hand. She nodded.

I couldn't help but notice her appearance. She had her hair down and a gray dress that fit her perfectly. I sat down and toke a sip of my coffee. It was mouth watering. where did you get this coffee from I asked.

She looked nervous and spoke. Its a cafe near my place."How many sugar?"

"Three" She replied.

Well enough chit chat you have work to do. I emailed you letting you know you need to type up stocks, location, the sponsors and the profits from the file in the cabinets next to your desk. Yes Sir she said. 

Oh and Run down to Charles Hunter Headquarters in Rochester and make him signed this document since your such a great at  convincing  so convince him to sign this contract. "Read it first"

Sir that'll take all day the drive over there alone will. Will next time you want go drinking on a work night I riposte. She was taken back and grabbed the files and left my office. I exhaled. and opened my drawer and was met with a picture.

Not just any picture. The picture of what my life was three years ago. I couldn't believe it was still here. In the picture I looked happy and smiling. I have my arms around Angela. I begin to think back three years later 

Flashback

I walked into my house and toke my coat off. I've been married with Angela for two years now. I put my case down and walked towards the kitchen. I loved Angela with all my heart, It toke a while for me to open up to a women.

I never had a mother there for me. She left me with my father because she was still using and very sick. I resented her all my life even when she got clean.  that was almost eighteen years ago. I grabbed a bottle of Jack Daniel and poured me a glass.

I hear talking coming from the room and knew She was home probably with her friend gossiping as usual.

Then the talking began to be unfamiliar. It didn't sound like talking. I made my way closer to our room and began hearing moaning. I immediately burst in the room and the Image sacred me forever. In my bed was Angela and this guy. What the fuck Angie I said.

The guy looked scared as shit.

Honey please I di-

Shut the fuck up yelled. "Who the hell is this I asked. I don't know she exclaimed. If you don't get out my house I will kill you I said to the guy. He quickly got up and left my house.

Steven I'm sor-

Shut the hell up Angela, we are over through.

I come back to reality and rip the picture and threw it in the trash. I swore to myself never to get close to any women ever again. The always seem to fuck my life up. shook it off and prepared my self for lunch with Sintra.