Calling it quits-20

Ava-

I started work today.

Yes, I don't work for Steven anyone.

It was a whole three hour argument, surprisingly I won. I put my foot down and gave him an ultimatum.

Either new job or no sex.

So now I'm working at an enterprise called Trust consolidated. It's a banking management company.

I don't care for the details but I'm a secretary thanks to my former assisting job. Anyone would hire you if you've worked for Steven Dyer.

"So this is your office." The man said. He pushed the glass door opened. It wasn't huge but also wasn't small. It's the right size for me.

" Mr.Frost will be in any minute so please make your adjustment." He smiles before leaving.

I could tell he was an intern. He's young, fragile and seemed witty.

I stopped worrying about him. Sittingat my new desk and breathing in the freshly scented air.

" Hope you like it." I hear. My heart dropped as I slightly jumped. I look up to see the owner standing in the door way.

"Excuse me if I startled you, your door was wide open I let myself in."

I'm flushed. My cheeks are burning in embarrassment.

" No it's okay, I mean you own this building and company you can do whatever you like." I nervously laugh my rambling off.

He chuckles. "Well, I'll leave you to it. Check your computer I've emailed you something light to start your day off.

I nodded and he left. Not before shutting the door, which I found particularly funny. I mean the door was glass. Very very see through.

I checked my email and he did leave me something to do. It was easy work. Go over some documents and make correct, and check of misspelling and some sort.

It's a start. I think I might be able to finally be normal. My phone buzz in my pockets. Looking around, I answer it.

" Where have you been Bitch!"

I'm startled at first but quickly laughed. I've missed his voice.

" Hey to you too Noah. I'm sorry I've just been, enjoying myself." I said.

I bite down on the pen leaning back against the comfy chair.

" Remember, you do live here ya know a simple text would do just fine."

I roll my eyes. But I know he's right. Noah and I always texted and talked on the phone. I never went days without speaking to him. I kind of felt bad.

" I'll explain everything to you. Dinner tonight? How about Celesta? I'm craving steak tonight."

He pretends to think before giving in. "Fine, you're paying. Meet ya there at six."

Once five o'clock strikes I quickly bolted up and packed up my things. I haven't heard from Steven all day. Expect the email he sent me wishing me the best on my first day.  And also he flowers he sent to my office.