Angela-21

Two weeks later

"We've been invited." He says cheerfully. He holds the paper close to his face as though he couldn't believe it.

I chuckle. "Invited where? And from whom?" I asked looking up from the stack of paper in front of me.

I push back my hair taking a look at the invitation he shoved in my face.

Mr Frost was very energetic and happy.....all the time! Imagine working with the guy.

I read the invitation.

It's from Steven Dyer. He formally invited Mr frost and I to his ball.

Ball? Oh yeah I helped him plan it right! But why would he invite Mr.Frost. Not to sound mean but Trust Consolidated isn't in the same ball park as Stevens Company and the others.

" Why have he invited you? Not to be rude."

" Well Ava Steven Does do business with me. Some of his employees like his treasure works for us too. We help with charity's and volunteers events."

Oh.

I hand him back the invitation. Do I want to go to this ball? I mean I was invited. I couldn't help but think Steven purposely invited me to his ball.

I shook it off.

You miss him. Just admit it!

I mentally slapped myself. For the rest of the day I busied myself in work and finishing up all of the financial part of my job which takes patience. I don't want to ruin someone's credential.

I made it home around seven. Noah laid comfortably on the couch with a pint of ice cream.

" Boys are the worst!" He yelled. I looked up at the television and so some soap opera show on.

He must be going through his phases again. Noah would date a guy, things ends up bad and he soaks himself into the couch.

" Steven Invited my boss and I to a ball he's having." I blurt.

Noah pauses the show and looks up. " Well you have to go. It's a must! We can pick a dress! You have so many to choose from." He gets up and grabs my hand leading me to my room. He narrows his eyes to my closet which I still haven't put all the clothes from Stevens house into.

I don't know why he let me keep it all. I mean I told him a didn't want it. The next day all of these clothes and jewelry was delivered to my house.

" I don't know. It's going to be awkward. I haven't seen him in weeks." I slump down on my bed. 

" Well you have two days to make up your mind." Noah says before laying down next to me.

" Yep, two days."

Angela POV-

" This is Stevens event. I won't attend this." I slap the invitation down on the table.

" Angie you've been personally invited. The press will be there. And you attending your former husbands ball is good for business.

" Stanley No! And what about Paris? I can't cancel that."

" You'll make it in time for the fashion show. Angie it's one night. Look you don't have to talk to him." He says