Chapter 8

Jasmine's POV:

I can't believe I just did that. I got so lost in his green eyes, so I ended up doing something as stupid as him dating Erica. I quickly find Nia and hang out with her for a while to get my mind off what I just did.

________________________________________

Me and Nia decide to loosen up and drink a little. For some reason, they kept handing us drinks even more and more. I finally drank to the point where everything was spinning and I couldn't see clearly. Then, I see a figure standing in front of me and I hear her laugh.

"Wow. What would Chris even see in you. Maybe he couldn't see at all when he asked you out." It's Erica.

"Just... Just back off E-Erica.." I say almost tipping over. I push her to find Nia.

"Did you just push me?" Erica says. She pulls my hair. Nia comes but she's just as drunk, so Erica grabs Nia too and pulls us outside.

"What do you want now?" Nia says annoyed.

"How pathetic. You guys are some little wanna-be's." I was done with hearing Erica's stupid little comments, so I slap her. She really deserved it anyways. I then realized that it was a bad idea since Erica was completely sober and Nia and I were too drunk to function. Erica and her "group" hit us back and they continue to hit us. They even kicked us a little once in a while. I couldn't fight back. I was too drunk and weak so I just stayed there and then everything went black.

Crawford's POV:

After a while, I realize that Nia wasn't around. I kept trying to stay around her, hoping I could talk with her.

I hear people talk about two girls outside on the floor and the first thing that comes to my mind is Nia and her friend. I run around to find Chris when we finally bump into each other.

"Have you seen Nia?!"

"Have you seen Jasmine?!" we say at the same time. Then some people walk by.

"Erica really beat the shit out of them." Me and Chris look at each other wide-eyed and race outside.

We run outside to find Nia and Jasmine, I think, lying on the floor with blood all over their faces. I carry Nia in my arms and Chris does the same with her friend.

"Damn. They're busted up." Chris says. We put them in our car and take them to our house.

______________________________

When we get to our house, we quickly bring them inside and clean the blood off their faces. Looking at Nia, I just wanted to wrap my arms around her and protect her forever. I run upstairs to get some blankets so we could lay them down on the couch and let them rest. When I get back, I see Chris sitting nervously and shaking his leg up and down.

"They're not waking up. I swear to god, I'm gonna kill Erica." Chris says.

"This is her, huh. The girl you like." I say trying to get his mind off of worrying.

"Ever since she rejected me, I couldn't get her out of my mind."

"I guess we really are brothers. That's like me with Nia. She hates my guts and I still go after her." I say quietly laughing.

The doorbell rings and Chris gets up to open it. I peek to see who it is and when I do, I lose it.

Chris's POV:

I go to get the door, not expecting anyone to come over.

I open the door and see Erica standing there, hugging herself.

"Leave. Right now. You need to go." I say, wanting to punch her in the face.

"Well I was just really cold and I don't feel so good..." her voice fades as she sees Jasmine behind me, laying on the couch. "Why the hell is she there?!"

"I don't know Erica, why is she here? It's because some decided to beat her and her best friend up!" I say raising my voice. "She's not waking up right now. And if she doesn't wake up, this is all gonna end way worse for you. You could've killed her!"

"I get it now. She's the one you think you love, now huh? She is the one you are leaving me for? Are you sure you want to do that? You're going to want me back. You know it. It's either me or her Chris!"

"I'd choose her, any day over you."

"You weren't saying that two years ago!" she says. Not even fighting back, I shut the door, and go back to Jasmine. She looked pretty fucked up.

After a few minutes, she started moving around.

"Jas?.. Are you okay?"

"Is it over?"

"You're safe now. Get up. You need to drink water." She stood up and almost fell. I realized she was still a bit drunk. I hand her a glass of water and she groans. "A-are you okay?"

"How bad does it look." she asks, her eyes closed. I put a mirror in her hand and she opens her eyes. "Well damn, I look pretty messed up. She says laughing. "Oh! Hi Chris!" she says waving in the mirror to me.

"Okay you're still a bit drunk. You should lay down again." I say laughing a bit. I walk her to the couch and lay her down.

"You know..." she says as she lies down. "I actually really like you now. So when you embarrassed me that one day after asking me out, I was sort of sad. But it's okay you don't like me back." she sighs. I smile so big when she says that. She must still be really drunk to admit that though.

"Jasmine..."

"No, let's just go to bed now." she cuts me off. I decided to lay down next to her and be done for the day.