Chapter One

I was just cleaning the kitchen counter when suddenly my dad bombards his way to the dining table. I raise my head and look at him from here. He really is tired.

"Hey dad, are you okay?" I worriedly ask him as I put the rag on the sink

"I'm fine sweetie, work was really tiring but the boss is actually pretty nice." Dad smiles at me with reassurance and gestures me to come closer, "how was school?"

"It was fine. I got the award of best debater." I grin and take a sit beside him. He was resting his head on the surface of the table, "dad, if you want I can work too. I don't want you handling these at once."

"I can't let you do that. You're still fifteen and I want you to experience the life of a teenager."

"Ever since.." I sigh and rest my cheek on my right palm, "ever since mom died.. It kind of twisted a little."

"Don't sober." Dad grins widely at me, "I won't leave you, okay? I promise. I will surely attend to your wedding when you really grow up and see little feet running around your future dreamhouse with your future husband."

"Dad!" I lightly smack his shoulders and laugh loudly, "I still have a looooot of years before that happens!"

Dad laughs tiredly and I smiled sadly.

"What do you want for dinner?" I stand up and go to the kitchen

"Anything. As long it is your cooking, I can eat anything." I hear him behind me

I smile while preparing.

-.-.-

I peek through the rear of the door to see dad working his paper works. I let out a soft sigh and slowly closing the door silently. It is already 10pm yet he's still working his butt off. I really pity dad for working so hard but he keeps saying that this is for my future.

Dad wasn't able to graduate but due to competency skills and a little bit of wise thinking and cleverness he managed to get through. He started small by working in factories then he saved some money from his salary to study in a program so he had a lot of things going on. Right now, he is on a white collar job. But I don't understand, why is he really working so hard? Surely, it is not that really tough right?

School is actually not really the best for me. I am being bullied because of my height. All of them are tall except for me. I am only 5'4 tall and they are obviously 5'7 and above.

Mom died because of a heart attack. She had a condition that was so severe. Luckily mom was given money by my grandparents before they died but soon after, all of the money was spent on her hospital fees.

*sigh*

I jump on my bed and put my earphones on. I chose the music 'Try' by Colbie Calliat. I slowly close my eyes and drift to sleep.

-.-.-

He stands right there as if his body language is craving for me. I just gulp and take a step backward. I am apprehensive.. What is this man going to do to me? I have no idea. I have no clue. Why do I get the feeling that he wants me? That he is yearning for me? His eyes scream 'mine' actually.. I don't know how I knew but something tells me that this man will never let me go.

I woke up at the sound of my alarm clock. I grunt and pound the snooze button. I must have forgotten to shut it off last night. Today is finally the start of a weekend! Whoopie! I can finally settle for a moment.

"I should prepare breakfast." Now that I think about it, has dad woken up yet?

-.-.-

"Dad?" I slowly open the door as a little 'creak' sound was made. I fully open the door seconds later only to see a fixed bed and a messy desk.

Oh no he ain't going to work without breakfast. I must go to him and fast. This is the fifth time already and I don't know how I was supposed to manage a stubborn dad.

I went back to my room to change into my casual attire before proceeding downstairs to cook breakfast.

-.-.-

I found dad's business card on his messy desk. I didn't bother to arrange all of his papers because I don't know the sequence of his paperworks. Seriously, the man is too busy.

The company's name is 'Silvers Company' and that's where I am heading. I am currently riding on a taxi though. There is a mild traffic but it can suffice.

"Why are you going to Silvers Company, miss?" The taxi driver with a round face and wrinkled features asked

"Obviously my dad forgot breakfast so I am heading over there to give it to him. I know it is pretty crazy, right?"

"No, it's sweet. You must love your dad so much." The taxi driver chuckles, "I heard that the owner of the company is a perfectionist."

"Dad said he is cool but I don't know.. I haven't met the guy yet." I look outside the window

What does dad's boss look like? Maybe in his mid-40's or 50's? No bachelor can handle such big company at a young age.

"Here we are." The taxi driver hit the brakes, "that would be 10 dollars."

"Thanks. What's your name?"

"Mikey, miss. You can hire me anytime too if you want. Here, this is my card." Mikey hands out a business-like card, "just call."

"Thank you." I reach for it and give the cab fare, "have a good day."

What a big building.

"M-Maybe some other time.. I can't simply find dad on this skyscraper building." I was about to turn around and leave when a magnetic force weirdly pulls me to go inside.

What's happening?

-.-.-

LAWRENCE SILVERS

My wolf seems unsettled and agitated for some reason.

'Eadin, what's wrong?' I ask my wolf as I look at the paper files

'I sense her. I sense her! Find her!'

'What are you saying?'

'Find her! Find her!'

Is Eadin crazy? This is the first time that Eadin has been acting up.

I stand up from my leather swivel chair and call the control panel room.

'Yes, Mr. Silvers?'

"Can you check whether there is a girl or a woman outside the building?"

'There is, sir. She is about 15-16 years old. I know her, she may be looking for her father.'

"What is the name of the father?"

'It's George Evans, sir.'

Ah, it's my trusty employee.

"Bring her inside."