Chapter Two

CLAIRE EVANS

Unexpectedly someone escorted me inside the building.

Oh my golly. The interior of this building is so exquisite and luxurious! This is just the lobby for crying out loud! I look around and see people talking on their phones and others entertaining guests. I look up and see hanging crystal chandeliers. I look at the side and see a receptionist who is actually pretty. I also see elevators on the right as people come and go.

"Mr. Silvers is actually fond of your father. George works very hard to ensure our company's title is intact. He is actually one of the best." I recently asked this man's name and he is Leo. He has this dirty blond hair that is combed perfectly and his black eyes that sparkle.

"I didn't know that.." After all these 3 years, he didn't tell me that he is actually one of the best?

Leo steps in on an elevator and I follow. Even though dad has worked her for the past 3 years, I still haven't set foot on this premise. I was too busy being the so-called 'house wife'.

Today.. I don't know what came over me why I came here. This was too unrealistic, why was I even here?!

"Are you okay, Claire?" Leo raises an eyebrow, "you seem tensed."

Why am I getting shivers? Why is my heart pounding hard?

"I-I don't know.." I stutter, "claustrophobic, maybe?"

"I see." Leo smiles, "don't worry, we are almost there."

Curiosity kicks in.

"Where are we going?"

"The boss wants to see the daughter of his diligent worker."

WHAT?!

"Ah hehehe.." I scratch the back of my neck, "I need to go to dad. His breakfast is getting cold.."

"Don't worry. It will be in a jiffy." He chuckles lightly

DING.

BADUMP. BADUMP. BADUMP.

T-those eyes.. I have seen them somewhere..

F-from my dreams?

-.-.-

LAWRENCE SILVERS

'Mine.'

She is so beautiful.. So simple yet elegant.. I can't believe it.. My mate is finally here. My wolf is blissful and full of joy. My heart is beating fast.. My hands want to touch her..

After all these years, she was just close. She is the daughter of my hard-working employer. She was soo close all along. Finally she stepped in my building..

Her beautiful brown eyes held mine. I can tell her breathing hitched. She looks so frail yet strong at the same time. I can feel her heartbeat elevating. She must have felt what I am feeling right now.

'Mate..' Eadin whimpers

"Leo, you can go now. Inform George that she is here with me." I order Leo and he bows in respect and exit.

My mate slowly follows Leo's exit as the elevator closes. She snaps right back at me with wide eyes.

"Come here." I gently gesture her to come closer, "don't be afraid."

"Are you the boss?" Her voice was music to my ears, "um.. I want to see my dad if it's okay.. He has been skipping breakfast and I-I.. am worried.."

She was already close and I wasted no time to scoop her slowly in my arms. Electricity courses through my wolf veins. I feel at ease and I can feel her tension decreasing. She was in comfort and I bet she doesn't expect that. She is a human.. But I want her so badly.

"I already told Leo. There is nothing to worry about." I let go of my hug, "sit down. I will get you some tea and desserts."

She slowly sits on the leather chair across my leather swivel chair. She looks around and I feel the fascination within her.

"Nice office.." She utters and I sit down on my swivel chair and smile at her, "it feels cozy."

"What is your name?" I ask and rest my left cheek on my left palm

"C-Claire Evans.."

-.-.-

CLAIRE EVANS

Why do I feel loved and safe whenever I am with him? This is too abnormal for me to bear. When he hugged me, I didn't expect for me to not push him away.. It's like I really want to be in his arms forever..

Why is that?

"Well then, Claire Evans, starting today.. No one will touch you because you are MINE." He says it with authority and power.

No one will touch me because I am his?

Somehow I am getting mixed feelings.. Why do I love on how he spoke it?

ihw