Chapter 7

Chapter 7 - Mating

After the mating ceremony of Alpha Draco and his mate, werewolves lingered about the place and Luna was left at the bar, drinking her boredom away. Funny that after Alpha Draco's mating ceremony, tomorrow will be the Mating Ceremony for unmated werewolves. Unfortunately for her it will be held at dawn and she was hellbent on attending it with winding thoughts and blurred vision. Who gives a damn anyway? They hate me and a little scene wont make them hate me less, but it will make them hate me more. But then again, who really gives a damn? Well she don't.

A tap on Luna's shoulder made her jolt in shock, resulting for her to tip the glass outwards, emptying the wine glass filled with a strong beverage suited only for purebreds. "What the hell Curt?" She bellows, dusting herself off of the remnants of the spilled champagne.

Curt raised his hands with a light chuckle, sitting beside her on an empty bar stool. "Looks like you're having fun." He mused, ordering a glass of champagne for the both of them.

"Not." Luna fires back with an eye roll, slumping against the granite of the countertop.

"Sorry 'bout the drink." Curt offered her another wine glass filled with the same contents earlier with a sly grin. "What is a strong human Alpha drinking rather a strong type of beverage suited for purebreds doing in here-alone, with her thoughts in a jumbled mess?"

Luna shrugged, letting her fingers roam the rim of the wine glass. "If you can't mingle, try drinking till you're no longer single."

"Where did that came from?" Curt mused with a slight chuckle.

Luna was about to answer when Curt's presence was needed now to resolve something between his pack and another pack. "Go ahead. I'll be fine." She assured, gulping down in one go the alcohol; the liquid burning inside her throat. "My God! That was fucking awful."

"Take care and behave." Luna only responded with an eye roll.

Colton was discussing pack borders with Alpha Gregor, a neighboring pack, when the host of the evening interrupted them both. "Alpha Draco," Colton addressed with a slight bow.

"Alpha Colton," Draco addressed back, tilting his head at the man beside him. "Alpha Gregor," he mused. "So nice of you to show up in my mating ceremony." He drawls.

Alpha Gregor bowed his head. "The pleasure is all mine, Alpha-" He mocked, tilting his head up with a sly smirk. "Or should I say Alpha-female?"

Draco laughed humorlessly, slapping his knee for additional effect, "You never fail to amuse me, not even the slightest bit, brother."

"I should get going." Colton announced upon feeling the thick atmosphere filled with testosterones between the two strong alpha males to be precise. He walked aimlessly into the ball, ignoring the mating calls of some unmated alpha-females. Colton has quite the reputation among the she-wolves, resulting for him to be wanted by every female-alpha.

"Alpha Colton," He spun around towards the direction of the bar upon hearing his name being called by Alpha Curt who was walking towards him with long heavy strides. "Long time no see, Colt."

He gave him a curt nod, showing his respect for the old man. "I can say the same to you, Curt."

"How's your aunt and uncle doing?" The slight waver in his voice at the mention of Tristan and Trish was not gone unnoticed by him.

"They're out as of the moment."

Curt let out a nervous chuckle saying, "Yeah, sure. They visited me last night."

Colton cleared his throat wanting to reach the bar as fast as he can. "Well, to be honest, Curt. The things you do with my relatives is none of my business, so if you'll excuse me." He gave him a final nod saying, "Nice to see you again, Alpha Curt."