Chapter 9

Chapter 9 - In the wrong arms

Colton stopped dead in his tracks upon scenting the blood of his potential mate lingering in the air; she has been marked by another male. He roared in anger, quickening his pace as his bare feet thudded against the forest. Females lingering behind the trees backed away upon sensing the anger rolling off of the humongous Alpha in endless waves. One female alpha dared to mark Alpha Colton but he was faster; when the woman was within reach he took a hold of her neck slamming her against a nearby bark making all the she-wolves cower in fear. "How dare you." He snarled, his canines bared. The woman whimpered and if it weren't for the loud cry a few feet away he would've killed the woman without batting an eye. He went on his way, and when he reached the place where the forced marking took place; Luna was nowhere to be found.

His mate was taken, so his beast resurfaced.

The speakers buzzed as a deafening sound reverberated throughout the whole forest and everyone stopped dead in their tracks. "The mating games has ended!" A series of howls resonated throughout the open surface; a mixture of triumph, defeat, and hatred. Colton tried pinning Luna's cries but she was gone along with her scent.

A man in the werewolf community approached Alpha Colton with haste. "Alph Colton you must leave the premises immediately, the mating games has ended." He said firmly.

Colton snarled in response as he spun around; claws elongated and canines bared, he beheaded the man as wolves started shifting to get away from the scene, and their fear is what Colton's wolf live for. He hummed softly with a wicked smirk on his face, thudding softly towards the clearing.

The news of a rabid alpha on the loose reached the ears of the werewolf committee. They piled up trained soldiers for combat around the clearing to take down the beast, but little did they know only one wolf could tame the beast inside him. The scent of blood hung heavy in the air as bodies of dead wolves were piled on the forest floor; those who were too slow to move their hind legs—those who were in Alpha Colton's sight were found dead.

Zefira, the head of the werewolf community, stands in the middle of the clearing along with her beta and gamma. She has her eyes closed as droplets of sweats beaded down against everyone's skin, but only she was the one unaffected by the turn of events. She had expected this to happen; she's seen it in her dreams. Zefira is the strongest wolf in the werewolf community with the power of great knowledge and beauty but she knows that her legacy would soon end once the true ruler of the werewolf realm has awakened, and Alpha Colton will be a part of it.

Her eyes opened as it changes its hues from bluish gold to brownish red. "He's here." She mused as everyone turned rigid.

"W-Who's here?" Rigor, her beta stuttered while cowering behind her back. He's not the type of beta who is physically strong, but one gifted with wisdom and knowledge.

"Colton." The moment the name passed her lips, a loud roar resonated throughout the whole area, sending shivers of fear down everybody's spine. "Or should I say, Methir." She mused with a smirk as the man in mid shift appeared.

Her gamma appeared in front of her in protection shouting, "Soldiers-!" but she raised her delicate hand as she passed by him to stop her gamma from giving out commands as she advanced forward. "Zefira, this is too dangerous." He reprimanded looking at her dead in the eyes but she was looking past him.

"I am not the ruler of the werewolf community for nothing, Demise. Let me pass."

He shut his mouth standing rigid beside his Alpha. "Soldiers! At ease!" Everyone stood rigid in line, parting so that Zefira may move freely in the middle.