Chapter 2 ~ powers

*flashback*

It all started when my brother and I were asleep. I had a really bad dream and it actually hurt me. My brother saw me and came over

"What's wrong Flame?"

I didn't do anything. I heard his voice but I couldn't wake up. It was like I was stuck in this world until it chose to be over. I had about absolutely no control over it.

"Flame, wake up!"

I couldn't though. And I wanted to talk to him so bad..... Wait.... TALK!

"Help.... Me.."

I said slowly through clenched teeth. I could feel him shaking me, not knowing what to do. I thought he would be calling for help, but he just stayed there and kept shaking me. Somehow it actually worked. Slowly though, it took a long time to snap out of it.

Afterwards, we stayed silent and I thought he went to sleep again. I didn't think I could ever sleep anymore, afraid of what would happen. Just as I was about to close my eyes, I heard him say,

"What did you see?"

" I saw...... Wait A Minute! How would you know if I 'saw' anything? What if I was just having a seizure?!"

"I've been through this before."

"You have? Wait, what do you mean." I asked really confused. My brother told me everything. I was surprised he kept this one away from me.

"Yup, mom woke me up from this and asked me the same question I asked you." I stayed silent, not knowing what to say but, wanting to hear more of his story.

"Mom says it runs in the family. Mom has it, grandpa has it and so on.... Mom says its rare when the power doesn't skip a generation. Since I was the one to first get it out of both of us, mom thought you would be safe and you wouldn't have to get this. But I guess we're both special huh?" He gave me a smile, which I knew was fake. He wasn't really happy about this. I could see it in his eyes.

"You really want to know what it was about?" I asked.

"Of course I do. I'm your brother and I know how it is to get these and I want to know what you saw. It might be important." So I waited. I wondered if I should really tell him or if I should just forget about. The 'forget about it' one sounds so much easier. But I wanted to tell him the truth. Even though he might not care.

"I do care Flame."

That pretty much scared the living poop out of me.

"Are you a mind reader or something?" I laughed.

"actually, I am." He gave me a smile

I was joking until he said he was. I started to laugh again thinking he was just messing with me about that part. He started to frown and looked serious. thats when I knew he was telling the truth. I started to freak out a little knowing that he could read minds. 'WHAT HAVE I DONE!?!?! HE PROBABLY KNOWS EVERYTHING I SAID ABOUT HIM! stay calm Flame, stay calm.' I said , mentally.

"That's probably the worst thing to do when you know I can hear it" he said.

"So when did... Um....you Get this...?"

" when I was about seven." He told me. "It also comes in on other forms, like I have mind reading, and E.S.P. and mom said I have 1 more to come. So....yeah"

This made me think more. I wondered if I would get more than just these vision/dream things.

"So do you want to know?"

"Yes, of course."

" so I saw that our house was set on fire by...... Something and...um I'm pretty sure that we all made it out."

We waited. Well I waited. I didn't know what to say and I wanted to know what he was thinking. He probably thinks I'm crazy. Actually I take that back. He says he has those to so.... I wouldn't think he would call me crazy for that. All of a sudden we heard something fall outside. Apparently no one else heard it then, because no one woke up. We could smell the smoke. I started to get scared. My brother said

"I'm going to go check, I'll be right back.... You stay here."

I followed his directions and I waited.

"Flame!!!! GET OUT!!!! GO!!!!!"

"What? What happened!?!

I was really scared. I was really confused too. I didn't know what was going on. Jack was panicking. And my fear level started to get higher.

"GET OUT ALREADY!!!!!"

I started to run. I tried to make my way towards the door. Half way down the stairs, I knew why jack was panicking. I knew we had to get out of the house. Now.