Chapter 4 ~ help

***continue flashback***

Just then, my door flung open.

"Jack! I thought you were still in this house! I thought you were... Gone..... How did you....?"

"Get out! How can you breathe in here?!? We have to get out! NOW!" He was panicking. And honestly I didn't want to leave. I need my parents..... Wait.... MY PARENTS!!!!!

"Jack!! We have to get mom and dad!!!! Where are they!?!?!?" I was screaming now.

"You have to think about yourself first Flame! We don't have any time left this place is going to burn down any second now!!! We have to get out!!!!!"

I pulled back.

"We have To go help mom and dad jack. I'm not leaving here without them, even if I have to die. They are MY PARENTS AND I NEED THEM!!!!!" Jack was still pulling me and coughing like crazy.

"LET GO OF ME JACK!!!" I pulled away and started to run towards their room. Just as I was almost there, I had no doubt that it was jack. He was carrying me on his shoulder. I was screaming and crying and kicking, but you have to admit , he was pretty strong for and 8-year-old.

"JACK QUIT IT!!!" Jack was not so easy to convince. He never changes his mind. If he's made a decision, he's staying with it.

"I don't want you to die Flame! This is for you own good." And just like that the stairs were burnt and it crashed.

"We have to get to the ladder!" Jack said, out of breath.

"Let me down! I can walk on my own." He put me down then held my hand.

" I am not going to lose you like I did them." Jack held on tight and didn't let go until we reached the ladder. After we climbed down the firefighters just arrived. I was screaming at the policemen

"It felt like you took two hours to come! My parents are dead! Our house is gone! What are we going to do?!?"

"Honey, calm down Everything will be fine."

"WHAT?!?!?? YOU EXPECT A FIVE AND EIGHT YEAR OLD TO CALM DOWN AFTER THEIR PARENTS JUST GOT BURNED ALIVE!?!?!?!?!? DO YOU NOT REALZE HOW LONG IT TOOK FOR YOU TO GET HERE!!?!?! THERE ARE NO SURVIVORS LEFT IN THIS HOUSE DO YOU HEAR ME!?!?!?!?!"

I was so angry. My parents did not make it out and these stupid people here think they an just say "calm down" and think that everything will be ok? No I can't say that. Maybe they left before us.... Or maybe they didn't even come home....

"This little girl here has some vocabulary" the firefighter said

Me and my brother sat down in the front lawn wrapped in a blue quilted blanket. I realized that this maybe the last blanket my mom ever made. How did this fire come? Who did this?

What or who ever did this I hope they know that they have ruined more than just one person's life.

Now me and jack are going to be alone. Forever.