Chapter 9 ~ Jack's birthday

Today is Jack's birthday. And at the mixed minds orphanage, we don't have birthday parties like all of you people have. On 18th birthdays, we have releases. You could say its like a gift to be let out of this hell hole.

Jack leaves today at noon. All I know is he's going to take me with him and we are going to leave and find our parents.

Call me crazy, but I really REALLY need to find them. I don't care if people THINK that they are dead. We need to get things straightened out and get our lives back together. I need to understand where the fire started because I know for sure that it was not a cigar. MY PARENTS DON'T EVEN SMOKE! And my mother would never leave oil out on the table like that.

What if my parents knew about the fire and just left...? What if they DID leave for a reason? DID THEY JUST LEAVE US THERE TO BURN TO ASHES??!?!? No....no they couldn't have just left us there for no reason. They couldn't have hated us.... We're their kids. We were a perfect family... We had everything we could ever want.

Each other.

Sure we weren't that rich, but we had enough to live off of. We weren't those fancy type of people but we had a decent house and lived in a great neighborhood. The point is that we were happy together.

* DING!! *

That's the bell. Everyone has to get outside and watch as Jack leaves.

The orphanage does this so that they remind the people that are still trapped here that they will also get to leave, sooner or later.

Jack walked out of the orphanage and everyone was smiling and congratulating him. He looked so happy to be let out.

"I want to take my sister with me. Now that I am old enough to be a legal guardian, Flame will stay with me."

I was so happy that I was going to leave this place. After ten years of staying here and being a patient, I was finally going to leave! I'm not going to be taking medications anymore. I'm not going to have to run Away From annoying nurses and I don't have to eat the nasty food here!! I didn't even think about this when I did it, but I pounced at him. I don't know what got into me.

" LET'S GO NOW!!" I said very loudly.

"Whoa whoa whoa whoa. Hold your horses. We still have papers to fill out and everything. You have to have a place to live and a job too. I don't think you understand what you have to do to actually be a guardian to a 15 year old." The nurse said.

Of course there has to be a problem. Of course.