Chapter 8 ~ he promised

"TIMES UP!!!"

Jack groaned and got up from his chair. Before I could hear a reaction (I say hear because my eyes still couldn't open) from my comment I said earlier, all I heard was him whisper to me :

"I'll come by tonight and we'll talk about this. I nodded.

"HURRY UP AND SAY YOUR GOODBYES WOULD YA!!! FLAME NEEDS TO BE LEFT ALONE AND I STILL HAVEN'T HAD MY DINNER AND MY NOODLES ARE GETTING COLD!!!!"

"Alright! Alright! I'm leaving! Geez woman."

That shut her up. She left I guess because I heard her footsteps and the door close and I knew it couldn't be Jack because he was still here with me holding my hand. He still said bye to me and kissed my forehead.

"She left right?"

" yeah."

"Then why are you leaving? We can stay and talk..."

"I know but that lady is really serious about her noodles." I laughed at the comment. But I soon stopped and slightly frown.

"Hey, why are you sad?" My brother has always been protective of me. He wants to know everything and I wouldn't really call him protective but what else is there to say?

" I want you to stay. I don't like her. That nurse is scary. " I know it sounds childish to say it like that because I'm fifteen, but I meant what I said. I really was scared. And I wanted him to stay. He is my brother and I know most brothers and sisters fight a lot but we only have each other right now.He might be my only family.We don't know where our parents are. And I refuse to say that they are gone. Jack is all I have right now and I don't know what to do if I'm scared or sad or anything.

"I'll be back tonight. Don't worry I promise I will come. It's only a few more hours." I was so reluctant and I wanted to keep him here but I know the nurse will come back with her food and will get mad if he's still here so said

"ok" and he left.

I was by myself. But I knew he would come back so I wasn't worried but I couldn't sleep. Even though my eyes were closed I wasn't asleep. I couldn't do anything but wait.

-----------.-----------.----------.-.--------------.---------------.---------------.----.------

It felt like hours and he still hasn't come. Where was he? Why didn't he come? He broke a promise. We never break promises with each other. If he broke a promise it means that something is wrong because this isn't like him.

All of a sudden I heard a loud banging noise from, probably from down the hall. *BANG BAM* there it was again! It was louder every time. I got a bit scared, not knowing what the loud noise was coming from. * BANG * that was the fourth time. It was also the loudest of all of the bangs.

"IM HERE!!"

My eyes flew open and I saw.....Jack?

"I thought you weren't coming.... Why did you come?"

"I wouldn't break a promise. Especially if its a promise I made to my own sister."

"Why was there banging outside?"

"Oh yeah about that....... You know how there's a whole bunch of toys from the kids out side?"

"Yeah...."

There was a moment of silence. He was red. Like a tomato. He was embarrassed for sure.

"Did you trip on the toys in the hall.....?"

He looked away and I couldn't stop laughing.

"YOU REALLY *breathe* TRIPPED ON ALL OF THOSE *breathe* TOYS!!?!? HAHAHAHAHAHA."

"Hey!!!! It was dark!"

We laughed together. I was actually kind of happy right now. The laughter soon died down and it was silent again.

"So you want to find mom and dad?"

"Yeah..... I want to find them. I know for sure they aren't dead."

"But how are you so sure? Remember the fire ? "

" yeah but... If they were dead we would be able to feel that.... I had a vision or whatever you call them earlier...."

"And what did you see?"

" well it's kind of obvious, I saw mom and dad of course." His face was shocked. Not like the kind of shock where your scared or surprised, it was a shock of disbelieve.

" were they in a field? And they looked lost and tired too?"

" yeah! Mom and dad looked so tired and..... WAIT A MINUTE, how do you know?"

"I had that one last night."

"Wow I guess you get information faster than I do... If you had one of your thingy-ma-bobbers, then why didn't you tell me? And why didn't you believe it?"

I didn't understand why he would think the things that he saw were lies. If he saw it then why did he even think it could possibly be a dream? I mean, really. We both know that it hurts when we get them, even if we're asleep.

"So do you think we should go find them?" I asked my brother.

" well, I'll be 18 next week and we can just leave."

" but what happens if we're too late? We have to leave."

"Too late for what? All We need to do is find them."

" don't you remember? They looked tired and kind of lost!"

"I don't know Flame, maybe that night of the fire, they left for a reason..."

"Ok fine. Next week. But promise that we will go out and find them as soon as we leave this prison."

"Ok. Ok. Promise."

I stuck out my pinkie and he did the same. Now he can't break the promise. We never break pinkie promises. Our parents always said that if you make a pinkie promise and break it, you can't fix it. And I know he knows better than to break a pinkie promise.

_______________________________________________________________

Sorry if you think it's short. I'm sorry I didn't update. Thanks for the reads :)

Next chapter will be a sort of long one so.... PREPARE YOURSELVES !! I'm playing . It will be kind of long. I will try. Thanks guys! Byeee.