Competition Day

Chloe's POV:

The rest of the week went by in a blur. On the morning of the competition, we all walked into the competition silently. Of course, Cathy was there. She still hadn't given up on stalking is. I sighed, I could not deal with her crap right now.

"Well, the half dead team is here. Where's Maddie?" She asked.

"Cathy, you know damn well where Maddie is!" Melissa said.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't know you were listening." She said. Tears started to form in Melissa's eyes. I was sick of Cathy.

"You know what Cathy? I'm sick of you. You follow us, you compete against us, you lose, you keep stalking us until once in a blue moon, you win. And you know what? We're toning to beat you bad this time. So I'd get practicing if I were you." I said. Cathy and her team looked at me with shock. My team did too, until they put smug smiles on their faces. I did too. Then, I strutted away, my team following. We got to our green room, and Abby gave me a hug.

"Let's get a big round of applause for Chloe!" Abby cheered, and my team did too.

"That was awesome, Chlo." Kenzie said, and everyone nodded in agreement.

"Thanks." I said, smiling.

Then, I sat down at my makeup mirror, letting my mom put silver eyeshadow, black eyeliner, black mascara, and foundation. I put on some clear lip gloss, and a costume like Maddie's for her old solo, Angel, except in silver. Mackenzie put on the same thing as me, only her costume was white.we both had on tan tights, and tan jazz shoes. We were using the music for Maddie's solo, Angel, only Mackenzie was the angel, and I was a little girl who was missing her best friend. Audrey smiled at me.

"You look beautiful, Chloe."

"Thanks, Aud." She smiled, I'd finally used the nickname everyone had been using. I hugged her. You know what, life is too short to shut people out. Maddie's death had helped me realize that.

"Mackenzie and Chloe! Let's run your dance." Abby said. Kenzie and I ran it about 10 times before the lady came in, and escorted us backstage. I pushed up onto my left foot, and did 10 consecutive pirouettes. Then, the announcer called Nick and Zach on for their duet. They went, and were really good. But, I didn't get the meaning of the dance. Soon the emcee announced Kenz and I. We aerialed onstage. I smiled, standing next to Kenzie. We started our dance, and at the end, I finished, tear forming in my eyes. As I walked off, I saw everyone in the audience standing. A standing ovation. Even the judges.

"Mackenzie and Chloe would like to let everyone know that dance was dedicated to Madison Ziegler."

I smiled, wiping off my tears. Kenzie hugged me tightly, crying into my shirt.

"Kenz, come on, lets get to the green room." I coaxed, and we walked back. Everyone hugged us, telling us how amazing we were.

"Girls, that was... Amazing." Abby said, giving us hugs. "Next, the group, then Audrey and Chloe's solos." We changed into white shimmery nightgowns with bootie shorts and crop tops under.we wore our modern shoes. The Dance was called Clouds, and it was by a guy named Zach Sobiech who had died of a type of bone cancer. I loved it. We ran it, and soon we were called to go backstage. Candy Apples did a stupid hip hop routine, and then we were on. I started, in the middle of the stage, doing a big turn sequence, while everyone did one of their specialties. We kept going, and soon ended, with tears in our eyes. We got another standing ovation. We all hugged backstage, as the emcee said the dedication. We went to the green room. We got hugs, and Audrey and I did our solos. Then we went to awards.

"Overall teen duo trio second place, with a score of 285 out of 300, Zach and Nick with See You."

"In first place, with a perfect 300 out of 300, Chloe and Mackenzie with Angel!" Kenzie and I screamed, and got our plaque. We bowed.

"Now, to teen overall solos... In third place, with a score of 278.5 Nick with Take Me Home!"

"In second, with a score of 290, Audrey with Give Me Everything!"

"In first place, with a score of 291, Chloe with Halo!" I screamed, and got my plaque. Once up there, Audrey gave me a hug.

"Teen overall groups. In third, with a score of 285.6, Candy Apples with Superman!"

"In second, with a score of 287, Dance 365 with Let Me Love You!"

"First place, with a perfect 300 out of 300, Abby Lee Dance Company with Clouds!" We ran up.

"Who taught you this dance?"

"Miss Abby Lee Miller!" We said.

"You dedicated this dance to Madison?"

"Yes."

"Why?"

"She was the best teammate in the world, and recently died of leukemia." I said.

"Well, I'm sorry, but congratulations!"

"Thanks!" We all said.

Then, we left the stage.

"Congrats, Chlo!" Audrey said.

"You too, Aud." I said, hugging her. We walked back to the dressing room, where everyone cheered for us. My mom hugged me, and kissed the top of my head.

"Maddie would be proud of you, Birdy." She said, and I smiled, letting one tear slip down my cheek. We packed up, and headed for our bus. It was a long drive back, 10 hours. Once we got on the bus, I claimed a row across from Paige, and behind Audrey. I grabbed my pillow, and hot pink and green fleece tied blanket. I snuggled up in the row. I closed my eyes, and fell asleep.

AUTHOR'S NOTE!

Hey guys! I finally updated... Sorry. Anyways, I'm trying to update more often and comments and votes help! Hey! I'm having a contest! Read my fanfic You Are My Angel to find out about it.

Peace out!

-