Competition

Paige's POV

Autie and I walked into the competition, which was in a large high school in Indiana. I was excited for this competition, but nervous at the same time. A very good studio, Eight Count, was competing against us. They had three very good girls that were all very good at something different. Jayden Cole, who was 16, was a very good and techinical contemparary dancer. McKynzi Brown was 13, Mackenzie's biggest competitor, but she was very good at hip hop.  Gabby Haydes was 15, and was always Maddie and Chloe's competitor in lyrical.

This time I had to try to beat Gabby and Jayden. Chloe would be, too, but she was doing acro, which was not her strong suit. Mackenzie and Audrey were competing against McKynzi, and they were both doing styles they were bad at. Audrey's hip hop solo was really good, but Audrey is a lyrical dancer, not a hip hopper. Kenzie was tapping, which she was pretty good at, but not amazing. 

The duets wand trio were amazing, though. Autie and I were competing against Gabby and Jayden, and Kenzie and Clara were competing against McKynzi and another girl from her studio named Ella. Clara, Hannah, and Hailey had an adorable trio.

We got to the green room, and Abby read off the order.

"We have Mackenzie and Audrey two acts apart! They are in one hour!" Abby shouted. Mackenzie and Audrey went back to change. 

Mackenzie's costume was adorable. It looked was a gold dress, with a low neckline that had a collared white shirt under with blue buttons. She wore a red sequined belt and red sequined headband. Her hair was in a high bun. She had on tan tights, and she was wearing her tan oxford tap shoes.

Audrey wore black harem pants and a royal purple crop top, with a top that looked like a cut off suit, only with a purple base and a black collar. She wore purple and black shimmery basketball shoes, and she wore a side ponytail. They both looked really good, especially for their styles.

They both warmed up, and got ready for their performances. The competition lady came, and took them backstage, just as we headed towards the seats to watch. 

"Please welcome, in the junior elite hip hop category, McKynzi Baum with Feel This Moment!" 

McKynzi was really good, with attitude and sass. 

"Next up, Audrey Ross, in the junior elite hip hop category with The One That Got Away!"

Audrey hit it hard too. She had sass, attitude, and she did a nice fullback in it. She also had a spin where she held her leg next to her head, like Asia used to do. She strutted off.

"Please welcome Mackenzie Ziegler with a tap solo in the junior elite category, Broadway Star!"

Kenzie went, starting with a front aerial. She looked amazing, with her cuteness, and sass. I thought she did really well. She strutted offstage. We stayed in our seats for one more act.

"Next, in the junior elite tap category, Sierra Miller with Take Me Away!"

The next girl was really good. Her facial expressions were amazing, and her taps were clean and sharp. She looked like she could be no older than 12. Her perfect blond hair was in a high pony, and she wore a costume much like Maddie's from her old solo, Reflections. When I looked at Abby, for some reason she looked shocked, almost mad. Before the girl was even done, Abby motioned for us to get up, and leave. 

We got back to the dressing room, leaving everyone, except Kenzie and Audrey, confused. Why had Abby walked out like that? She never does that, whe says it's disresepctful. Oh, well. Next was Chloe's solo, and then mine.

"Chloe and Paige, solos in half an hour!" Abby yelled. I grabbed my costume, and went behind the curtain. I came out, wearing a costume like Chloe's old solo I Love Only Silence, only in pastel blue. I wore tan stirrup tights, and tan jazz shoes. I had my hair in a sock bun.