THE "UGLY" SISTER

I suppose the term "ugly sister" isn't well placed here. I'm no princess, but I'm not ugly either. I'm average I guess. My eyes are of a dull green and my hair is of a carrot orange. Nothing too special, nothing too common. Just normal.

But my sister... well, there's no way to describe her. She has long dirty blonde hair which looks so good with her oh so fair pearl skin. She has the bluest eyes I've ever seen, anyone can get lost in them as if they were an ocean; she's perfectly thin and so damn pretty that it's impossible for you to pass her on the streets and not look at her for as long as you can. She's her, she's Petunia.
And I'm freaking Lily Evans. The over weight, weird, lazy, shop addicted sister. Besides, being nice and actually talking with people normally never really worked out for me. Also, I'm a witch. A real one, mind you, not the evil one.
I had gotten a letter, when I was 11 years, declaring that I was a witch. I was so ecstatic...you can imagine my excitement. It was any girls dream.
But Petunia, now was very jealous. She didn't like the idea of me going and her staying. So she made sure everyone in our neighbourhood knew I was going to a boarding school while she was forced to stay and go to a public school. Everyone pitied her. Everyone hated me. It was then that I saw who she really was. And incredibly, I couldn't care less. I was going to be away from all that for ten months! Ten fantastic months...
Beauxbatons was an all girls' school. I'll not say that I hated it, because I didn't. The idea actually sounded good to me. You must understand that I wasn't exactly God's gift to earth. I was chubby, shy and- as most people thought- arrogant. And what was even better was that the school was away, far away from them. I was finally going to be me.

And everything was alright until the end of my fifth year.

As I turned sixteen and moved from France to England, from Beauxbatons to Hogwarts everything changed. When I met my neighbour and fell in love with him, and my sister set a record to marry a rich, powerful wizard and chose him, everything changed.
Because I knew, I just knew, he would never choose me. It didn't matter that I was magical like him and she wasn't.
In the end it was all trivial. It all came down to one truth: Cinderella gets the prince, the Ugly Sister doesn't.

I just knew James Potter would never be mine....

In order for you to fully understand, I suppose I should start from the beginning, that is, from when I came back from Beauxbatons for the summer......