QUIDDITCH KISSES AND BIRTHDAY CHASING

Lunch time was spent enduring Sirius' long and boring lectures of how they had never lost a game against Slytherins.

Okay, I'm not being completely fair. I was actually glad that he started rambling about Quidditch, no matter how much I hated the sport. That way, I didn't have to talk at all. And much less talk with James.

We had kissed.

And even worst, I had felt something during the ruddy kiss. Something I shouldn't be feeling in any kind of way for James Potter. He was my sister's future boyfriend after all!

But he kissed me, I remembered. He wouldn't still date Petunia if he kissed me, would he?

But I didn't know him enough to know about that. And what Anna and Alice had said to me not too long ago kept repeating in my mind. They had been completely against me liking James. They'd surely have some reason for it!

"-think, Lily?" I heard someone saying. Turning my unfocused gaze to where the voice came, I found Sirius grinning at me with an amused expression

"I... I agree." I said lamely, for I hadn't listened to one single think he had said.

"You do?" he asked me "Great! Then you can borrow my broomstick!"

Broomstick? I thought, I didn't hear anything about a broomstick!

My eyes widened as I stared at Sirius. After some time, Sirius, Remus, Peter, Charlotte, Alice and Anna (who had joined us in the meanwhile) started laughing.

"You completely spaced out Lils." Alice said.

I let a smile appear on my face. "I did, didn't I?" I asked, more to myself, but they all smiled. "Sorry," I said to Sirius "You were saying?"

He laughed again "I was talking about Quidditch. What were you thinking about anyway? You seemed awfully worried."

My eyes averted to James and I found him staring back at me, his eyes impossible to decipher. "I was just thinking about... the Quidditch game!" I lied.

Sirius believed me and laughed as he said "She's getting in the spirit!" and everyone else laughed as well.

James smiled a little and shook his head, mouthing "Liar!" to me.

I smiled as well and gestured with my head to the door. I needed to speak with him and I was sure after the game it'd be impossible - especially if Gryffindor won.

He nodded and stood up. "Guys, I need to go back to the Tower, I forgot something there."

"I'll go with you!" Sirius offered, motioning to stand up.

"No need for that," James said, never letting his façade down. "I'll meet you at the pitch."

Sirius eyed him curiously but didn't say anything, merely nodding.

"I'll go with you," I said, trying to make it appear sudden. "I need to go get my Gryffindor scarf if I'm watching the game." I smiled "See you later girls, I'll go down with James after, alright?" I asked.

Anna locked eyes with me and nodded her head; but I knew she knew something was happening. Alice smiled happily "Okay Lils," she said. "See you down there."

I followed James as he made his way out of the Great Hall. Then, I kept following as we walked through the entrance hall and out to the grounds.

I followed him all the way to the pitch. "I haven't got my scarf." I reminded him, when we were almost arriving to the pitch "I need to go get it."

He smiled and shrugged as he took his out and handed it to me "Keep it." he said.

I was about to decline, but he turned front and kept walking. Finally, we stopped in front of the locker rooms and he turned to face me, looking anywhere but me.